About the job
Microsoft Corporate Functions is on a mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. Our culture is centered on embracing a growth mindset, a theme of inspiring excellence, and encouraging teams and leaders to bring their best each day. In doing so, we create life-changing innovations that impact billions of lives around the world. You can help us achieve our mission.
If you are passionate to be a catalyst of culture change, trust that we can learn it all; if you are willing to make others great and not in fear of facing challenges; if you like data and feel excited about data-driven HR solutions; if you are looking for a pioneer HR career development opportunity, please come join us in the HR Consulting team at Microsoft. We are looking for an HR Consultant to partner closely with HR, managers, and business leaders to activate the Microsoft culture and enhance manager capability through scaled solutions.
Key responsibilities for this role include coaching and consulting managers and employees through difficult workplace matters, providing consultation across various matters (career, performance, workplace behavior, policies), and partnering with HR Business Partners to enable the strategic people priorities. The role will develop and implement data-driven solutions that shape manager capability at scale and partner across a matrix of HR and Legal partners to define local policies, compliance practices, etc. Key to this role is the ability to be impartial and objective to create an inclusive environment through the consistent application of our Microsoft practices, polices and philosophies.
- Leads the diagnostics and resolution of issues with increasing complexity and risk related to policy or culture concerns/violations and incident or threat response independently or by collaborating with managers/peers in Human Resources and Legal professions as appropriate; recommends solutions to address issues based on established principles and culture, while prioritizing employee experiences to maintain a safe and professional work environment.
- Assists/Partners with Employee Relations Investigations Team (ERIT) or Office of Legal Compliance (OLC) in investigations of serious cases and implements appropriate remediation in conjunction with a business, region, or geography. May lead the investigations for a business, region, or geography where resources are limited. Ensures appropriate documentation of issues is in place.
- Identifies, raises, or escalates issues for trends in employee relations; works with their team to implement solutions to reduce employee relations issues for a business, region, or geography by collaborating with Human Resources and business partners (i.e., managers and employees).
HR Solutions Consulting
- Provides expert consulting services to managers and employees in one or more focus areas related to HR programs, processes, and initiatives; engages and collaborates with HR partners to influence the decision-making related to managed programs, processes, and initiatives; analyzes the situations for a business, region, or geography and offers perspectives as a subject matter expert.
- Conducts, informs, and/or participates in cross-functional data analysis related to processes managed, with data supported by Human Resources Business Intelligence (HRBI)/Human Resources (HR) Report; partners with Human Resources Business Partners (HRBP) on organizational health diagnostics to identify and present trends/insights in a structured way; escalates risks and concerns related to organizational health. Interprets reports based on the business/local context; makes ad-hoc, data-driven recommendations by doing research and communicating with business leaders.
- Conducts one-on-one consulting/coaching with managers on performance management and development-related processes based on established training agenda and communication plans; conducts or designs training sessions/events for employees and managers.
- In partnership with peer Human Resource (HR) disciplines and professions (e.g., Talent Management, Learning and Development), manages/implements scalable capability building projects, programs, and/or other initiatives (e.g., manager excellence community, manager capability, onboarding, team-building, rewards communication) by leveraging existing resources/solutions to mitigate duplicated efforts for a business, region, or geography.
- Uses data to participate in identifying and anticipating training needs within a business, region, or geography; recommends customized solutions (e.g., training, communication) to address capability gaps, and coordinates and/or delivers training.
HR Project and Programs
- Drives the execution, implementation, and/or operation of scalable Human Resources programs (e.g., Rhythm of Business (ROB)/performance and development cycle, management excellence communities, employee movement, ad-hoc projects); acts as a liaison to collaborate with Center of Excellence (CoE) and a business, region, or geography.
- Leads the design and implementation of local HR projects or programs (e.g., critical positions retention, mid-year performance checkpoint) based on the unique needs of a business, region, or geography.
- Leverages, aligns, and integrates communication strategies and messages from the Center of Excellence (CoE) and customizes the messages (e.g., resource documents, training documents, presentations, web-based information) for a business, region, or geography.
- Understands and applies Microsoft values and current HR policies regarding managed projects and programs (e.g., leave and retirement, immigration, performance improvement program); advises employees and managers on compliance to policies and procedures.
- Facilitates the localization/update of policies and procedures related to managed projects and programs by analyzing trends and making recommendations to Human Resource (HR) partners (e.g., HRBP); may manage and initiate the updates to policies (e.g., benefits-related) in collaboration with peer HR disciplines (e.g., HR Shared Services Support).
- In partnership with peer disciplines (e.g., Human Resources Shared Services Support/Operations Management), manages queries coming through the Customer Relationship Management (CRM)/queue management system; ensures appropriate documentation by adhering to Microsoft and HR policies; shares feedback/suggestions with shared services regarding the use and continued improvement of the tools.
- 7+ years experience with Human Resources or Business programs/processes
- OR Bachelor’s Degree AND 5+ years experience with Human Resources or Business programs/processes.
Additional Or Preferred Qualifications
- Senior Professional in Human Resources (SPHR)/Society for Human Resources Management-Certified Professional (SHRM-CP).
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
The salary for this role in the state of Colorado is between $108,000 and $162,200.
At Microsoft, certain roles are eligible for additional rewards, including annual bonus and stock. These awards are allocated based on individual performance. In addition, certain roles also have the opportunity to earn sales incentives based on revenue or utilization, depending on the terms of the plan and the employee’s role.
Benefits/perks listed here may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.US-based employees gain access to healthcare benefits, a 401(k) plan and company match, short-term and long-term disability coverage, basic life insurance, and fitness benefits, among others.
Your application has been successfully submitted.