Employee Relations Manager (100% Remote)
About the job
The Mom Project is excited to partner with Etsy in their search for an Employee Relations Manager (100% Remote).
Etsy is the global marketplace for unique and creative goods. We connect creative entrepreneurs from nearly every country around the world with buyers shopping for something special. Tackle unique problems alongside talented coworkers and teams. We're large enough that you'll focus on meaningful, complex challenges, but small enough that you can make a rewarding impact. See your work make a true difference in people's lives.
The Employee Relations Manager will be responsible for leading complex employee relations situations and investigating and resolving employee relations issues as they arise.
The Employee Relations Manager Will Be Responsible For
- Reviewing, advising on, and resolving sensitive employee concerns and investigations, including interpersonal conflict, employee complaints, and allegations of harassment, discrimination, and retaliation in a timely manner.
- Conducting complex and sensitive employee investigations along with our legal partners, including determining appropriate investigation strategies, leading witness interviews and any required document preparation & review, and determining findings and recommendations for appropriate resolution.
- Partner collaboratively with HRBPs, Legal, Communications, Diversity, Equity & Inclusion, and others to advise and execute thorough investigations.
- Partner with HRBPs and Managers to address performance issues and advise on the next steps as needed.
- Where applicable, draft well-written investigation-related documents, including leader/HRBP talking points, written warnings, and other documents with little supervision.
- Effectively and accurately maintain confidential ER data & documentation
- Develop & iterate on existing employee relations policies and processes including performance improvement plans and investigations
- Stay abreast of market conditions and ensure compliance with all federal, state and local employment laws.
- Design and conduct multiple employee relations training for managers and leaders throughout the year.
- Implement & maintain a case tracking system
- Assist with the data reporting and analytics of ER cases for themes, trends and root causes to provide insights and recommendations for decision-making and prevention of ER risk.
- Maintain existing and develop new HR policies with support from key partners across the business
- Own, maintain and update (as needed) employee handbook
The Employee Relations Manager Will Demonstrate
- Minimum of 7+ years of Employee Relations experience
- Experience leading a wide variety of complex employee investigations with little supervision
- Excellent decision-making, problem-solving, critical thinking, and writing skills
- Advanced understanding of employment and HR-related laws, regulations, policies, principles, concepts, and practices, including Title VII, ADA, ADAA, and FMLA.
- High emotional intelligence and strong people skills
- Ability to handle highly sensitive and confidential matters with compassion and equity.
- Ability to work collaboratively, lead and influence at all levels within the organization, and make decisions while keeping all partners and leaders informed
- Ability to position self as credible, proactive, and a trusted thought-partner.
- Independent work style, balancing the need for collaboration with minimal supervision.
- Ability to manage multiple projects with strong time management and prioritization skills
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, including verbal and written
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- Juris Doctorate optional
Your application has been successfully submitted.