Executive Market Aligned Recruiter, Engineering
About the job
There has never been a more exciting time to be in Talent Acquisition at Microsoft. This is a unique opportunity to join a highly functioning team driving innovation in executive hiring, succession planning and the ongoing transformation of Microsoft. We thrive on hiring the top leadership talent for today, with inclusion being paramount, and ensuring a pipeline of innovative talent for the future.
In this role, you will have the opportunity to attract, assess and secure top executive talent for Microsoft. You will primarily focus on research, market intelligence and sourcing deep technical talent pools with an emphasis on engineering talent and the technical market overall. You will work with some of the most senior leaders at Microsoft as a talent advisor.
We are looking for a well-connected and intellectually curious individual who can drive and own the sourcing and research efforts of senior external talent. This position encompasses partnering with client stakeholders, other talent acquisition professionals, and HR business partners on succession planning, position strategy and candidate requirements, as well as developing sourcing strategies to target and assess top executive talent. You must bring a deep interest to learn the business as well as be comfortable dealing with ambiguity. Ability to build internal and external networks is key, along with a solid foundation of executive recruiting skills and experience. You will also be accountable for driving and maintaining creative search strategies, pivoting on diversity & inclusion, market & competitor intelligence, to ensure that we identify, target, and engage with the top talent in the market and aligned with our key priorities.
Microsoft’s mission is to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more, and we’re dedicated to this mission across every aspect of our company. Our culture is centered on embracing a growth mindset and encouraging teams and leaders to bring their best each day. Join us and help shape the future of the world.
- Applies deep knowledge of factors relevant to the business and hiring managers' needs (e.g., time to hire, location, budget) and uses this knowledge to guide the development of end-to-end hiring plans aligned to the needs of the business.
- Presents and frames information in a way that speaks to the business needs and influences leaders to embrace differentiated and alternative types of talent (e.g., compete, diverse, nontraditional) that may not be typically considered.
Data Analysis & Hiring Plans
- Analyzes relevant data and trends to provide insight and set plans to meet hiring goals. Connects data to cross-organization goals and leads conversations across groups to address broad hiring issues. Leads the implementation of a hiring plan for complex organizations, areas, or talent pools that addresses both business demand and availability of talent for the business short-term and long-term needs.
- Uses deep knowledge of competitor opportunities to differentiate Microsoft’s unique career possibilities, advantages, and rewards and leverage a consistent, compelling message that conveys the most significant motivators to prospective candidates.
- Shares proven stories that help others across the discipline to source, recruit, and/or close candidates. Tracks candidate activity and shares with internal stakeholders.
- Gathers requirements and develops hiring plans that meet candidate needs throughout the hiring lifecycle, often for critical, complex, high level or high volume candidate searches. Owns the candidate experience and prepares candidates for next phases of the process. Enhances the candidate experience at all phases of the relationship by proactively identifying factors that may adversely impact the candidate and partnering with business leaders to develop mitigation strategies.
- Leverages long-term relationships with talent pools and communities across the industry. Develops a comprehensive approach that integrates multiple concepts (e.g. community building, business intelligence) to create an innovative sourcing strategy for a division, set of countries, or subsidiaries.
- Shares candidates across teams and is responsible for developing and implementing strategies to generate and meet targets for differentiated talent for the business.
Candidate Assessment & Screening
- Manages the candidate assessment framework and identifies, adopts, and evangelizes best practices that ensure high-quality hires. Identifies opportunities for improvement and leads the creation of assessment materials by identifying relevant competencies and job criteria.
- Manages the candidate screening framework, and identifies, adopts, and evangelizes best practices that ensure effective screening processes and a qualified talent pool.
Operational Compliance & Excellence
- Lead the optimization of systems, and processes throughout your organization, and guide stakeholders on the impact of these changes.
- Maintains current documentation on candidates’ qualifications and status in the appropriate staffing or tracking system, within compliance guidelines (e.g., Office of Federal Compliance Programs, General Data Protection Regulation). Captures relevant data in recruiting platform and leverages data to inform meaningful insights
- 8+ years talent acquisition experience (e.g., recruiting, sourcing), HR experience, or industry experience related to role OR Bachelor's Degree in Human Resources, Business, Liberal Arts, Computer Science, Engineering, or related field AND 5+ years executive talent acquisition experience (e.g., recruiting, sourcing), HR experience, or industry experience related to role.
- Experience recruiting for Senior Leadership roles
Additional Or Preferred Qualifications
- LinkedIn Certification
- 5+ years’ experience recruiting at the Executive or Leadership level
The salary for this role in the state of Colorado is between $119,200 and $178,800.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
Your application has been successfully submitted.