People Analyst, Reporting and Insights
About the job
Note: Google’s hybrid workplace includes remote and in-office roles. By applying to this position you will have an opportunity to share your preferred working location from the following:
In-office locations: Mountain View, CA, USA; Atlanta, GA, USA; Austin, TX, USA; Boulder, CO, USA; Chicago, IL, USA; New York, NY, USA; Seattle, WA, USA; San Francisco, CA, USA; Washington D.C., DC, USA.
Remote location(s): United States.
- 5 years of experience working with executives in a client-facing, consulting role.
- Experience analyzing data sets using SQL or similar, and working with data sources and combining information to generate insights from analyses.
- Experience identifying problems, using a quantitative or qualitative approach to address the problem, and creating relevant analytic solutions (e.g., metrics, reports, tables, dashboards, presentations).
- Experience turning data into a compelling narrative with visualizations (e.g., charts, graphs, tables) and presenting it to HR professionals and executives in a way that influences HR and people strategies.
- Experience analyzing data sets using SQL or similar and working with multiple data sources and combining relevant information to generate insights from analyses
- Experience managing an ongoing client relationship, prioritizing work, and navigating ambiguity while collaborating on projects involving teams in an unstructured environment.
About The Job
At Google, data drives all of our decision-making, and our HR organization is no exception. The People Analytics team acts as an internal innovation lab, using analytical approaches to make sure Google continues to be a great place to work. The team provides critical support to the business around issues of organizational health and is responsible for not just taking the pulse of our Googlers, but harnessing Googler feedback to drive change for the better. As an analyst you'll be detail-oriented and conscientious, analytical and curious. You're a strong problem-solver, who uses both quantitative and qualitative methods to get things done. And on top of it all, you're someone who wonders "What if?" and then seeks out the solution.
At Google, data drives all of our decision-making, and our HR organization is no exception. People Analytics is known internally and externally for ensuring data and research informs every people decision. This role sits within the People Analytics Reporting and Insights (R&I), and is a team where our mission is to empower business leaders and Business HR with data and insights to understand their organizations and drive people strategy. The Market HR Pod within R&I specifically enables Market HR and Market Leadership with insights into Market Health, enabling insights that shape the local execution of Google's people strategy. As a point of contact, you will be an internal analytical consultant aligned to our geographically aligned HR partners.
Great just isn't good enough for our People Operations team (known elsewhere as "Human Resources"). We bring the world's most innovative people to Google and provide the programs that help them thrive. Whether recruiting the next Googler, refining our core programs, developing talent, or simply looking for ways to inject some more fun into the lives of our Googlers, we bring a data-driven approach that is reinventing the human resources field. You’ll play an essential role advancing a more diverse, accessible, equitable, and inclusive Google through our hiring, promotion, retention, and inclusion practices.
(Colorado only*) Minimum full-time salary range between $122,000 - $131,000 + bonus + equity + benefits. *Note: Disclosure as required by sb19-085 (8-5-20) of the minimum salary compensation for this role when being hired into our offices in Colorado.
- Build relationships and collaborate with teammates, business leaders, and Human Resources customers to solve organizational problems via strategic analytic efforts and measure/improve the effectiveness of People Strategy implementation.
- Create analytical plans that address customer needs and execute them, manipulating and combining information from data sets, distilling insights, and conveying findings to executive audiences with cohesive recommendations that inform decisions.
- Work through ambiguity to prioritize work and manage multiple workstreams.
- Deliver core analytic offerings aligned to Google's People Strategy including those on Market Health, Employee Advocacy, Attrition, and DEI. Enable customers to use self-service tools, define requirements, and aid the development of scaled solutions to benefit customers.
Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. See also Google's EEO Policy and EEO is the Law. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing our Accommodations for Applicants form .
Your application has been successfully submitted.