About the job
Scion Nonprofit Staffing has been engaged to conduct a search for a Human Resources Generalist for an impactful nonprofit organization in Austin, Texas. If you are a talented Human Resources professional who is passionate about working within an amazing organization that provides professional opportunities for individuals with disabilities, this is the opportunity for you!
The HR Generalist will support the mission and daily operations by executing HR policies and procedures; performing recruitment, onboarding, exit procedures and various training programs; assisting with payroll and benefits; supporting managers with performance management and employee training/development; employee recognition and events; and responding to employee questions and employee relations issues.
- Full-time direct-hire opportunity that is onsite in Austin, TX!
- Work within an organization committed to expanding vocational opportunities for individuals who have a disability!
- Competitive salary in the $50,000 to $60,000 range and comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short/long term disability, retirement plan, and more!
What you’ll be doing:
- Provides high-quality customer service and support to employees and management on all HR-related matters, to include but not limited to, employee recruitment and onboarding, performance management, employee relations, training and development, career paths, benefits, leaves of absence, compensation, payroll, and the use of HR applications and technology
- Supports the HR department in creating and implementing programs and events to help improve the employee experience
- Utilizes an HR information system (HRIS) to enter and maintain accurate employee data
- Assists with ensuring accurate employee timekeeping and supports the payroll processes
- Identifies or creates innovative solutions to improve HR programs and processes
- Trains and provides support to other HR team members
- Facilitates or supports new employee orientation; ensures all new and returning employees are made to feel welcome and are well-informed on necessary policies, benefits, and other information
- Facilitates employee compliance training and other training as needed; assists in tracking completion and currency of required training courses
- Coach employees, supervisors and managers on employee development, performance and conduct
- Ensures compliance with state and federal laws; monitors facility bulletin boards to ensure up-to-date postings of required information
- Ensures the confidentiality and security of all employee information and records
- Assists in filing and maintaining employee documents
- Supports the organization’s safety and security initiatives
- Supports benefits enrollment, renewal, and distribution processes
- Conducts recruiting or assists with recruitment processes as needed
- Collaborates with managers to write and revise job descriptions
- Provides recommendations to HR Director/VP on position classifications and wage/salaries
- Complies with and ensures employees understand and comply with policies and procedures
- Performs related duties as assigned or as the situation dictates
What you need to be successful:
- Associate degree in Human Resources or related field required
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in Human Resources or a related field required
- A combination of 2+ years’ relevant college/university courses along with 3 or more years’ experience in a Human Resources or related field may be substituted for an associate degree and 2+ years of experience in Human Resources or related field
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or related field preferred
- SHRM-CP or PHR certification preferred
- Knowledge of human resources body of knowledge, to include but not limited to employee relations, recruitment, training, performance management, compensation and benefits
- Familiarity with administrative tasks and responsibilities
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong computer skills, including MS Word/Excel/PowerPoint; data entry, data processing, communication tools and payroll and human resources software
- Strong empathy and interpersonal skills; able to communicate effectively with supervisors/managers, coworkers, vendors, and other departments.
- Detail-oriented with excellent analytical, problem solving, and organizational skills
- Excellent customer service skills and orientation
- Strong ethics and discretion with confidential or sensitive information
- Able to read and understand information and ideas presented in writing or in alternative form
- Able to conduct training and make effective presentations to diverse groups
- Able to multitask, prioritize, and manage time efficiently
- Strong ethics and discretion with confidential or sensitive information
- Possesses cultural awareness and sensitivity
In addition to working for an organization with a phenomenal mission and positive team-oriented work environment, this opportunity offers a salary range in the $50,000 to $60,000 range, dependent on experience, along with a long list of benefits that include medical, dental, vision, life insurance, PTO, paid holidays, short/long term disability, life insurance, and retirement plan!
This position with our client will require employees to be onsite in Austin, TX. As a cautionary measure, our client is asking all employees to be fully vaccinated by the date of hire. If an eligible candidate is unable to get the COVID-19 vaccine due to a religious, medical, or disability-related reason the client will make available appropriate reasonable accommodations.
How to Apply:
For immediate consideration, please submit your resume and more information about your candidacy and interest today!
About our search firm:
Scion Nonprofit Staffing is an award-winning national nonprofit recruitment and staffing specialist for nonprofit organizations, foundations, associations, and educational institutions! Since 2006, we have had the pleasure of successfully placing thousands of talented professionals supporting incredible missions and programs. Through our innovative team building and recruiting solutions, we bridge the gap in executive leadership searches, direct hire nonprofit recruiting, interim leadership placement and temporary professional staffing.
We are proud to be part of the Forbes lists of the Best Recruitment Firms in America and the Best Executive Search Firms in America. Additionally, Scion has been recognized as a ClearlyRated Best of Staffing firm as well as a top recruitment firm by The Business Times for over ten years running! More information about us can be found at www.scionnonprofitstaffing.com.
Scion Nonprofit, a division of Scion Staffing, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and service provider and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, citizenship status, sexual orientation, disability, political affiliation or belief, or any other protected class. We are committed to the principles of Equal Opportunity Employment and are dedicated to making employment decisions based on merit and value, for ourselves, our client companies, and for the candidates we represent. We are committed to the principles of Equal Opportunity Employment and are dedicated to making employment decisions based on merit and value, for ourselves, our client companies, and for the candidates we represent. For opportunities located in a region that have enacted fair chance, arrest or conviction-based employment ordinances, Scion Nonprofit proactively follows the enacted guidance and considers for employment all qualified applications with arrest and conviction records. We believe in following best practices and considering all qualified applicants that apply with us and value, for ourselves, our client companies, and for the candidates we represent.
Your application has been successfully submitted.