Senior Human Resource Manager
About the job
The Senior Human Resources Manager Manager will provide strategic HR direction, guidance, and support. This position will support 40 retail locations across the San Francisco Bay Area.
In this key role you'll provide strategic and tactical support to leaders and employees, support talent management solutions to retain and motivate employees, manage employee relations, onboarding and relocation, impact culture change, provide leadership coaching, and build strong working relationships with partners and staff.
- Oversee, manage, and provide leadership to all HR operations and strategies
- Plan, develop, organize, implement, direct and evaluate the organization's human resource function and performance
- Advise and coach the CEO and leadership team on issues involving development, recruitment and retention and compensation strategies
- Develop and translate strategic and tactical business plans into HR strategic and operational plans
- Collaborate and define long-terms goals that align with the companies’ values
- Develop staffing strategies and implementation plans and programs to identify talent within and outside the organization for positions of responsibility and embrace applicants and employees of all backgrounds
- Develop human resource planning models to identify competency, knowledge and talent gaps and develop specific programs to fill the identified gaps
- Coordinate management training & development in various subjects
- Create and execute a plan to ensure the company’s operations adhere to laws and regulations
- Create people solutions, derived by analysis of data and trends.
- Champion Diversity, Equality, Equity, and Inclusion
- Support development and implementation for engagement action plans, to enable positive impact to the culture
- Closely evaluate attrition trends and develop strategies to manage appropriate levels.
- Maintain in-depth knowledge of state and federal employment law and legal requirements to mitigate employee relations issues and risk and ensure compliance.
- 10 - 15 years of experience as an HR Manager in the retail space
- Strong organization, communication and conflict resolution skills
- Success in managing organizational structure changes; i.e. acquisitions, integrations
- Demonstrated excellence in building relationships and engagement will all levels of employees
- Thorough understanding of human resources principles and practices, and experience in organization(s) of similar scope
- Knowledge of strategic planning and risk management principles and practices
- Working knowledge of organizational planning, compensation, preventive labor relations, compensation, employee relations, and training and development
Robert Half is the world’s first and largest specialized talent solutions firm that connects highly qualified job seekers to opportunities at great companies. We offer contract, temporary and permanent placement solutions for finance and accounting, technology, marketing and creative, legal, and administrative and customer support roles.
Robert Half puts you in the best position to succeed by advocating on your behalf and promoting you to employers. We provide access to top jobs, competitive compensation and benefits, and free online training. Stay on top of every opportunity – even on the go.
Questions? Call your local office at 1.888.490.5461. Robert Half will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be authorized to work in the United States. Benefits are available to temporary professionals. Visit
© 2022 Robert Half. An Equal Opportunity Employer. M/F/Disability/Veterans. By clicking “Apply Now,” you’re agreeing to
Your application has been successfully submitted.