Human Resources Assistant
About the job
Scion Nonprofit Staffing, a full-service national staffing firm, is searching for a Human Resources Assistant for an established nonprofit organization championing social justice nationwide based in NYC. This is an amazing opportunity offering a hybrid work schedule!
This position with our client will require employees to be onsite in New York, NY. As a cautionary measure, our client is asking all employees to be fully vaccinated by the date of hire. If an eligible candidate is unable to get the COVID-19 vaccine due to a religious, medical, or disability-related reason the client will make available appropriate reasonable accommodations.
- Immediate permanent hire opportunity
- Full time, Monday-Friday, hybrid work schedule
- Competitive compensation range of $70,000-75,000, depending on experience, plus incredible benefits
- Manage accurate and up-to-date human resource files, records, and documentation
- Serve as the main for of contact for applicants and employees with questions regarding standard policies, benefits, employment verification, hiring processes, and refer complex questions to senior-level HR staff
- Maintain the integrity and confidentiality of human resource files and records
- Perform HR files and records audits to ensure that all required documents are collected and filed appropriately
- Provide clerical support to the HR department including invoice and expense processing
- Administer onboarding and off boarding process and forms including I-9 verification, background checks, offer letters and promotion letters
- Administer nationwide state law poster requirements
- Monitor the temporary workforce with third party vendors
- Assist with planning and execution of special events such as new hire orientation and trainings
- Performs additional duties as assigned
- 2-3 years of Human Resources experience; multi-state experience is a plus
- SHRM-CP or PHR certification is a plus
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to manage sensitive and confidential situations
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Excellent writing, proofreading and research skills
- Advanced technical skills in Microsoft Office Suite; HRIS, ATS
- Working experience with ADP Workforce Now, is a plus
This opportunity offers a competitive salary range of $70,000-75,000, depending on experience, and a robust benefits package including regular evaluations with merit based compensation adjustments, medical, dental, and vision coverage, flexible spending accounts, retirement options (410 k and 403 b) plus employer matching, PTO at 3+ weeks plus 12 paid holidays, 10 sick days and 3 personal days annually, paid parental leave, tuition reimbursement program, telecommuting program, commuter and parking benefits, group/life short and long term disability insurance options, and an unmatched employee assistance program!
How to Apply:
For immediate consideration, please submit your resume and more information about your candidacy and interest today!
About our search firm:
Scion Nonprofit Staffing is an award-winning national nonprofit recruitment and staffing specialist for nonprofit organizations, foundations, associations, and educational institutions! Since 2006, we have had the pleasure of successfully placing thousands of talented professionals supporting incredible missions and programs. Through our innovative team building and recruiting solutions, we bridge the gap in executive leadership searches, direct hire nonprofit recruiting, interim leadership placement and temporary professional staffing.
We are proud to be part of the Forbes lists of the Best Recruitment Firms in America and the Best Executive Search Firms in America. Additionally, Scion has been recognized as a ClearlyRated Best of Staffing firm as well as a top recruitment firm by The Business Times for over ten years running! More information about us can be found at www.scionnonprofitstaffing.com.
Scion Nonprofit, a division of Scion Staffing, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and service provider and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, citizenship status, sexual orientation, disability, political affiliation or belief, or any other protected class. We are committed to the principles of Equal Opportunity Employment and are dedicated to making employment decisions based on merit and value, for ourselves, our client companies, and for the candidates we represent. We are committed to the principles of Equal Opportunity Employment and are dedicated to making employment decisions based on merit and value, for ourselves, our client companies, and for the candidates we represent. For opportunities located in a region that have enacted fair chance, arrest or conviction-based employment ordinances, Scion Nonprofit proactively follows the enacted guidance and considers for employment all qualified applications with arrest and conviction records. We believe in following best practices and considering all qualified applicants that apply with us and value, for ourselves, our client companies, and for the candidates we represent.
Your application has been successfully submitted.