About the job
This position is critical to the Total Rewards Team mission to deliver an exceptional portfolio of programs and services that inspire our employees to do and bring their best. In this position, you will work with clients in Microsoft Customer and Partner Solutions group with a specific focus on our solution areas, including Industry, Partner, Commercial and Customer. There will be a strong focus on sales incentive compensation, and this role has a deep partnership with HR Line customers and Worldwide Incentive Compensation (WWIC).
In this role, the successful candidate will balance compensation program intent with business needs and enable business success by providing compensation consulting in support of our cultural evolution. In addition, you’ll lead and manage a team of compensation specialists responsible for providing compensation support on compensation topics including hiring, internal transfers, and consultation across the entire enterprise.
Microsoft is on a mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. Our culture is centered on embracing a growth mindset, a theme of inspiring excellence, and encouraging teams and leaders to bring their best each day. In doing so, we create life-changing innovations that impact billions of lives around the world. You can help us achieve our mission.
- Managers deliver success through empowerment and accountability by modeling, coaching, and caring.
Program Design and Adaptation
- Develops and advocates a compelling, long-term vision and strategy for the design and adaptation of compensation programs. Leads the evaluation of current compensation programs and ensure their alignment with business needs.
- In partnership with HRBP, gains support from senior leadership for complex, company-wide or large regional in-business (e.g., across a profession with complex pay structure) compensation programs by identifying resources required and applying best practices.
- Drives and oversees broad program design and adaptation by guiding teams to build and communicate business cases for new or changing compensation programs.
- Leads his or her team to design internal compensation analysis tools using knowledge of business needs and industry trends.
- Acts as a thought leader for sales compensation. Advises leadership on unusually complex, risky, and critical issues.
- Ensures cross-program implementation and integration with existing Rhythm of Business (ROB, or performance and development cycle). Provides guidance and supports key activities that are led by HR (e.g., quota attainment analysis, plan communication, special stock, rewards, annual compensation activities).
- Synthesizes and incorporates a variety of complex and/or conflicting guidance from advisors to implement programs within appropriate parameters.
- Acts as leading expert, both company-wide and across the industry, for sales compensation eligible roles and programs. Evaluates compensation processes and impact of new compensation models. Translates program effectiveness (e.g., participation, attrition impact) to stakeholders in partnership with HR
- Oversees the development and management of complex, high-risk projects by collaborating with internal and external partners and providing compensation consulting to leadership to inform major decisions and planning.
- Leads the implementation of short- and long-term compensation solutions leveraging understanding of business objectives and challenges. Presents solutions to executive leadership to gain buy-in in partnership with HRBP.
- Defines strategy and philosophy for establishing compensation guidelines aligned with market competitiveness and global business strategy.
- Embody our culture and values
- 20+ years general HR experience or other related work experience
- OR 15+ years directly related compensation work experience
- OR Bachelor's Degree in Human Resources, Business, or related field AND 12+ years related work experience.
Additional Or Preferred Qualifications
- Experience with management of sales compensation program
- Compensation project management experience.
- Compensation program design experience.
- 2+ years experience working in the specific position's relevant regional labor, compensation, and statutory context.
- 1+ year(s) people management experience
The salary for this role in the state of Colorado is between $148,000 and $222,000.
At Microsoft, certain roles are eligible for additional rewards, including annual bonus and stock. These awards are allocated based on individual performance. In addition, certain roles also have the opportunity to earn sales incentives based on revenue or utilization, depending on the terms of the plan and the employee’s role.
Benefits/perks listed here may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.US-based employees gain access to healthcare benefits, a 401(k) plan and company match, short-term and long-term disability coverage, basic life insurance, and fitness benefits, among others.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Your application has been successfully submitted.