Human Resources Specialist (100% Remote)
About the job
Our Customer’s mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through their family of apps and services, they are building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together.
We are seeking a Human Resources Specialist on a contract basis to help support our Customer’s business needs. This role will be the primary point of contact to plan, direct, and coordinate human resource management activities for the company Bootcamps (Software Engineering, Product Management and Analytics) and provide some support for client’s Family of Apps and Product Groups.
What You’ll Do
- Advise managers and employees program policies and procedures for Bootcamp.
- Facilitate day-to-day HR support for Bootcamp operations.
- Partner across a range of stakeholders to support Bootcamp onboarding, graduation, performance and other requests and activities.
- Support Family of Apps and Product Groups with a range of client activities including organizational effectiveness, change management and talent assessment.
- Typically responsible for a wide range of organizational health and employee development activities to support hiring, onboarding, remote work, performance, talent cultivation and product pillar initiatives.
- Conducts weekly meetings with respective business units.
- Consults with line management, providing HR guidance when appropriate.
- Analyzes trends and metrics in partnership with the HR group to develop solutions, programs and policies.
- Manages and resolves complex employee relations issues.
- Conducts effective, thorough and objective investigations.
- Maintains in-depth knowledge of legal requirements related to day-to-day management of employees, reducing legal risks and ensuring regulatory compliance.
- Partners with the legal department as needed/required. Provides day-to-day performance management guidance to line management (e.g., coaching, counseling, career development, disciplinary actions).
- Works closely with management and employees to improve work relationships, build morale, and increase productivity and retention.
- Provides HR policy guidance and interpretation.
- Develops contract terms for new hires, promotions and transfers.
- Assists international employees with expatriate assignments and related HR matters.
- Provides guidance and input on business unit restructures, workforce planning and succession planning. Identifies training needs for business units and individual executive coaching needs.
- Participates in evaluation and monitoring of training programs to ensure success.
- Follows up to ensure training objectives are met.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- 5+ Years experience being a HR Generalist or Specialist.
- Can work effectively with Stakeholders and cross-functional with stakeholders and working directly with clients.
- Must have Project experience or leading HR projects.
- Strong project management and consultation skills.
- Solid knowledge of core HR functional competencies.
- General knowledge of legal policies and procedures related to employment practices.
- Experience with Microsoft and Google Application Suite.
- Ability to comprehend, interpret, and apply the appropriate sections of applicable laws, guidelines, regulations, ordinances, and policies.
- Ability to acquire a thorough understanding of the organization's hierarchy, jobs, qualifications, compensation practices, and the administrative practices related to those factors.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
- Working knowledge of multiple human resource disciplines, including compensation practices, organizational diagnosis, employee and union relations, diversity, performance management, and federal and state respective employment laws.
- SHRM Certified Professional (SHRM-CP) or SHRM Senior Certified Professional (SHRM-SCP) credential or ability to obtain certification within one year of employment.
- Bachelor's Degree is preferred.
Hours & Location:
- M-F, 40 hours/week. This role will be 100% Remote.
All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be legally authorized to work in the United States and are required to have US residency at the time of application.
Perks are available through our 3rd Party Employer of Record (Available upon completion of waiting period for eligible engagements)
- Health Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k, FSA, Commuter Benefit Program
- Accrued PTO: Up to 15 days per 12 months on assignment
- New Child Benefit: Up to $4,000 for the birth or adoption of a child while on assignment (conditions apply)
Please note: In order to create a safe, productive work environment, our client is requiring all contractors to be fully vaccinated according to the CDC guidelines (please inform your employer if you need a medical or religious exemption). Prior to onboarding, contractors will be required to attest that they are fully vaccinated. Boosters are required to be received by March 28, 2022, or six months after receiving the final dose of the original vaccination series, whichever is later.
Your application has been successfully submitted.