Part-Time Payroll Specialist
About the job
The Mom Project is excited to partner with a 5th generation family business that serves as an essential partner in the commercial foodservice and residential appliance industries. We put our customers first in everything we do by engaging a team of world class associates to develop, produce, and deliver premium products and customer experiences that provide a lifetime of exceptional value.Innovating the solutions that power the world’s best entertaining and food service experiences.
Their Values: Lead By Serving – others before self, Grow by Innovation – solutions that exceed our customers’ expectations, Continuous Improvement – strive to get better every day, Live the Legacy – maintain our positive reputations with the future in mind
The Payroll Specialist is responsible for processing and reconciling weekly and bi-weekly payroll for the US. With integrity and professionalism, the ideal candidate would interface with HR, Finance and other functional departments within the organization to own the entire payroll process, ensuring accurate and timely pay to all associates in accordance with the payroll schedule.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES: This list of duties and responsibilities is not all inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties and responsibilities, as management may deem necessary from time to time.
- Prepare and process weekly and bi-weekly payroll for hourly and salaried associates in the US.
- Verify all payroll entries, review and reconcile payroll data and resolve discrepancies as necessary.
- Review and audit timesheets; work with managers on missing or incorrect data.
- Ensure all timesheets and time-off requests are complete and approved.
- Update associate records related to 401k contributions and loans.
- Validate garnishments are set up correctly and are paid timely.
- Assist with year-end payroll reconciling, processing and form preparation.
- Ensure federal, state and local taxes are set up correctly and paid timely by payroll provider; reaching out to payee when needed.
- Monitor and reconcile missed deductions; assist HR team in working with associate to resolve.
- Support Human Resources and Finance teams in various reporting requests.
- Submit 401k, HSA and non-qualified deferred compensation contributions to vendors each payroll.
- Maintain strict confidentiality of all associate and payroll data.
- Assist in the annual audit process, ensuring departmental areas of responsibilities are consistent with GAAP and company policies.
- Identify and recommend opportunities for process improvements.
- Work with 3rd party vendor on more complex payroll and tax issues, understanding when to raise a need for support to Total Rewards Manager.
- Other projects and duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS: The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required to be successful in this role.
- High school diploma or equivalent required; Associate Degree preferred.
- Minimum 3 -5 years of payroll processing experience, which includes running payroll independently with minimal guidance once trained.
- Must be self-motivated, detail-oriented, and able to work flexibly to meet changing priorities.
- Strong organizational, interpersonal, analytical and communication skills.
- Ability to work 20-25 hours per week.
- Flexible work schedule; position will require some work on weekends/holidays based on payroll and holiday calendars.
- Ability to develop and maintain business relationships with internal and external customers.
- Advanced Microsoft Office software skills, with emphasis on Excel, including prior experience with advanced formulas and pivot tables.
- Experience with UKG and/or Kronos software preferred.
- Exhibits core cultural behaviors that reflect the company values to support our mission and vision.
- Being Resilient: Demonstrates composure and professionalism under difficult circumstances. Bounces back from setbacks or adversity. Maintains productivity under stress or pressure. Overcomes obstacles and learns from failures.
- Drives Engagement: Celebrates others’ successes. Helps others see why the work matters. Shares involvement and visibility with others. Draws a link between the work and own motivation.
- Plans and Aligns: Aligns own work plans and priorities with those of other units. Balances the need for adequate planning with the need for action. Creates a realistic timeline with steps outlined in the right sequence. Anticipates and minimizes bottlenecks or delays.
- Self-Development: Shows personal commitment and takes action to continuously improve. Accepts assignments that broaden capabilities. Learns from new experiences, from others, and from structured learning. Makes the most of available development resources.
Rate $20-25/hr based on experience
Your application has been successfully submitted.