Human Capital Business Partner - Associate
About the job
Guidehouse is a leading global provider of consulting services to the public sector and commercial markets, with broad capabilities in management, technology, and risk consulting. By combining our public and private sector expertise, we help clients address their most complex challenges and navigate significant regulatory pressures focusing on transformational change, business resiliency, and technology-driven innovation. Across a range of advisory, consulting, outsourcing, and digital services, we create scalable, innovative solutions that help our clients outwit complexity and position them for future growth and success. The company has more than 12,000 professionals in over 50 locations globally. Guidehouse is a Veritas Capital portfolio company, led by seasoned professionals with proven and diverse expertise in traditional and emerging technologies, markets, and agenda-setting issues driving national and global economies. For more information, please visit www.guidehouse.com.
The Human Capital Business Partner Associate serves as a collaborative generalist within the Human Capital function. In this role, you will be expected to provide general human resources assistance to the Human Capital Business Partner Manager of a Client Services Team, as well as the Client Services leadership and Executives.
Key Position Responsibilities Include, But Are Not Limited To
- Assist with the recruiting process for the entire Client Services function.
- Serve as a lead for Client Services onboarding for new joiners and contractors, to include all related administrative processes.
- Manages off-boarding/exit process to include system termination, severance/ pay documentation, asset management, and exit interviews
- Monitors and engages in Workday transactions
- Collect and analyze HR metric and provide recommendations based on findings. Support Segment level reporting needs
- Assist with the management of data changes and updates in coordination with the Center of Excellence teams
- Supports engagement surveys and retention efforts
- Participate in and coordinate the Performance Management process for both mid-year and year-end (Impact Assessments, promotions, merit and bonus assignment and employee communications).
- Supports employee training and development initiatives
- Assists with interpretations of policy and application of policies and procedures.
- Remain current on labor compliance requirements with local and federal law
- Acts as a coach and mentor to employees and leaders
- Work collaboratively across Human Capital functions (compensation, benefits, recruiting, performance management, learning and development, etc.) to ensure delivery of value-added service to all employees that support business objectives
A key part of the role will also include functioning as a change agent to the business, assisting in processes, process improvement and approaches to support and enable continued evolution of the organization to align with market conditions.
This role will report to a Human Capital Business Partner Manager – Client Services, who provides service delivery and support to the Client Services Segment.
Keys To Success In This Role Include
- Analytical and critical thinking; must be able to relate to team leaders, some of whom are highly credentialed.
- People centric; effective; non-bureaucratic; and is marked by a high level of energy.
- An ability to operate effectively and succeed within a changing, fast paced matrix environment with multiple cultures and stakeholders.
- Ability to build relationships at all levels of the organization and proven ability to make sound recommendations.
- Communication and presentation skills with the ability to effectively interact at all levels.
- General knowledge of some of HR functional areas to include benefits, performance management, compensation, staffing, training, and employee relations.
- Strong excel skills and the ability to manage large sets of data with the ability to effectively summarize and present findings in both written and verbal form is preferred.
This position description is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by an employee assigned to this position. This description is not an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, knowledge, skills, abilities and working conditions associated with this position.
- Bachelor's Degree is required with a preference given to candidates with a degree in Business or Human Resources.
- Minimum of 0-2 years of Human Capital generalist experience.
- Workday experience desired.
- Strong strategic thinking and business acumen.
The successful candidate must not be subject to employment restrictions from a former employer (such as a non-compete) that would prevent the candidate from performing the job responsibilities as described.
Salary Range: $65,000-$75,000 dending upon experience AND geographic location
Guidehouse is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, age, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law, ordinance, or regulation.
Guidehouse will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law or ordinance including the Fair Chance Ordinance of Los Angeles and San Francisco.
If you have visited our website for information about employment opportunities, or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Guidehouse Recruiting at 1-571-633-1711 or via email at RecruitingAccommodation@guidehouse.com. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodation.
Guidehouse does not accept unsolicited resumes through or from search firms or staffing agencies. All unsolicited resumes will be considered the property of Guidehouse and Guidehouse will not be obligated to pay a placement fee.
Rewards And Benefits
Guidehouse offers a comprehensive, total rewards package that includes competitive compensation and a flexible benefits package that reflects our commitment to creating a diverse and supportive workplace.
- Medical, Rx, Dental & Vision Insurance
- Personal and Family Sick Time & Company Paid Holidays
- Position may be eligible for a discretionary variable incentive bonus
- Parental Leave and Adoption Assistance
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Basic Life & Supplemental Life
- Health Savings Account, Dental/Vision & Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- Short-Term & Long-Term Disability
- Tuition Reimbursement, Personal Development & Learning Opportunities
- Skills Development & Certifications
- Employee Referral Program
- Corporate Sponsored Events & Community Outreach
- Emergency Back-Up Childcare Program
Your application has been successfully submitted.