Recruiting Manager, Knowledge and Information
About the job
This role may also be located in our Playa Vista, CA campus.
Note: Google’s hybrid workplace includes remote and in-office roles. By applying to this position you will have an opportunity to share your preferred working location from the following:
In-office locations: Mountain View, CA, USA; Ann Arbor, MI, USA; Atlanta, GA, USA; Austin, TX, USA; Beverly Hills, CA, USA; Boulder, CO, USA; Cambridge, MA, USA; Chicago, IL, USA; Kirkland, WA, USA; Los Angeles, CA, USA; New York, NY, USA; Seattle, WA, USA; San Francisco, CA, USA; Washington, DC, USA.
Remote location(s): United States.
- 10 years of experience with staffing in an executive search firm, recruitment agency, or in-house corporate talent team including the execution of talent searches.
- 8 years of experience developing, leading, and managing a team.
- Experience managing teams, building and delivering applicant pipelines, and planning/executing strategy, influencing leaders and partners.
- Experience managing technical recruiting teams.
- Experience in talent acquisition for a large, complex company within the technology industry.
- Human resource experience in talent acquisition, executive recruiting, organizational design, and business consulting, coaching, and development.
- Ability to inspire followership as a leader and develop growth in others.
- Ability to problem-solve and challenge assumptions while supporting unusual and unconventional solutions that grow and transform teams.
About The Job
Google's known for our innovative technologies, products, and services -- and for the people behind them. As part of our recruiting team, you're charged with finding candidates who bring an entrepreneurial spirit and a diversity of thought to all they do. You will guide candidates through our hiring process and connect them to the magic of working at Google. You will develop lasting relationships with both candidates and hiring managers. You will draw insights from analytics to make our hiring process smarter and more efficient.
As a Recruiting Manager, you will lead recruiting for several organizations in Google's Knowledge and Information organization, including Consumer UX, Consumer Trust, as well as Product Management for Google Ads, Commerce, and Payments. You will shape the strategy, create the process, and deliver the results behind building enthusiastic and diversely talented teams. The needs of our clients are varied, complex and global in scope. You will manage, improve, and redefine the systems and processes that identify and secure leaders and thinkers in our industry.
In this role, you will manage and influence a dispersed team working on full life-cycle recruiting (i.e., sourcing, evaluating, and closing candidates). You will develop relationships across the organization, working collaboratively with key Staffing leaders and peers to drive results for your team, the Staffing organization, and Google.
Great just isn't good enough for our People Operations team (known elsewhere as "Human Resources"). We bring the world's most innovative people to Google and provide the programs that help them thrive. Whether recruiting the next Googler, refining our core programs, developing talent, or simply looking for ways to inject some more fun into the lives of our Googlers, we bring a data-driven approach that is reinventing the human resources field. You’ll play an essential role advancing a more diverse, accessible, equitable, and inclusive Google through our hiring, promotion, retention, and inclusion practices.
(Colorado only*) Minimum full-time salary range between $213,000 - $229,000 + bonus + equity + benefits.
- Note: Disclosure as required by sb19-085 (8-5-20) of the minimum salary compensation range for this role when being hired into our offices in Colorado.
- Act as a trusted advisor to leadership and create, steer, and evolve a talent acquisition strategy that anticipates business needs, grows in scale and efficiency, and ensures robust candidate representation.
- Improve hiring systems while ensuring an exceptional experience for candidates by thinking abstractly and approaching work in creative and systemic ways.
- Think beyond the status quo, question how things might be different, and develop creative ideas for alternatives. Take risks to drive change and innovation and inspire the team to take risks.
- Provide purpose and direction to the team through a clear, inspirational outlook and empower them to do impactful work by removing barriers and creating meaningful connections.
- Partner on headcount planning activities with experience scaling solutions across enterprise products and companies.
Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. See also Google's EEO Policy and EEO is the Law. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing our Accommodations for Applicants form .
Your application has been successfully submitted.