Contracts & Sourcing Specialist (Remote)
About the job
Our Customer’s mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through their family of apps and services, they are building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together.
Remote Options: The position is 100% remote to the locations below, please note pay rate will vary by location:
- Boston, MA ($60.24).
- Los Angeles, CA ($60.24).
We are seeking a Contracts & Sourcing Specialist on a contract basis to help support our customer’s business needs.
The main function of a Contracts & Sourcing Specialist is to administer activities related to contracts for the purchase or sale of equipment, tools, parts, supplies, or services necessary for the operation of an establishment. A typical Contracts Specialist is responsible for negotiating contracts with the customer or bidder.
What You’ll Do
- Research and evaluate performance requirements of suppliers based on price, quality, selection, service, support, availability, and other relevant factors.
- Review bids from suppliers for conformity to contract requirements and determines acceptable bids.
- Provides bids, process specifications, test and progress reports, and other exhibits as necessary.
- Requests or approves amendments to or extensions of contracts.
- Advises relevant departments of contractual rights and obligations.
- Monitor shipments to ensure that goods come in on time and resolve problems related to undelivered goods or services.
- Verbal and written communication skills, attention to detail, negotiation skills, and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to analyze financial reports, price proposals, and other technical data.
- Ability to accurately document and record customer/client information.
- Ability to predict consumer buying patterns.
- Knowledge of applicable laws and regulations related to purchasing.
- Knowledge of supply chain management.
- Previous experience with computer applications, such as Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Bachelor's degree in finance or a related business field is required.
Hours & Location:
- M-F, 40 hours/week. This role is 100% Remote.
All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be legally authorized to work in the United States and are required to have US residency at the time of application.
Perks are available through our 3rd Party Employer of Record (Available upon completion of waiting period for eligible engagements)
- Health Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k, FSA, Commuter Benefit Program
- Accrued PTO: Up to 15 days per 12 months on assignment
- New Child Benefit: Up to $4,000 for the birth or adoption of a child while on assignment (conditions apply)
Please note: In order to create a safe, productive work environment, our client is requiring all contractors to be fully vaccinated according to the CDC guidelines (please inform your employer if you need a medical or religious exemption). Prior to onboarding, contractors will be required to attest that they are fully vaccinated. Boosters are required to be received by March 28, 2022, or six months after receiving the final dose of the original vaccination series, whichever is later. The expected Return to Office date is July 2022
Your application has been successfully submitted.