Employee Relations Manager, Employee Relations
About the job
Amazon’s Worldwide Operations Employee Relations (ER) team is looking for an Employee Relations Manager (ERM) with a demonstrated passion for driving innovative new programs and processes focused on creating and maintaining a positive employee experience for our Associates and leaders. ER is responsible for reducing risk to the business by deploying programs to empower the next generation of high-performing, Associate-centric leaders. Our programs are global in scale and we continually innovate to transform and improve the employee experience. Candidates must have a successful record of driving new programs, improving existing portfolios and executing at scale.
This role will be based in a site, and will have regional-level coverage in the United States with an expectation to travel to multiple sites with that region.
Travel up to 75%
Key job responsibilities
Thought Leader: Provide strategic ER thought leadership, business partnership, and one-on-one coaching to operations leaders at all levels.
- Amplify the Voice of the Employee: Identify defects in the employee experience, make recommendations, and implement appropriate solutions.
- Program Management: Drive ER programs within a business unit - own the schedule, office hours, report-outs, and making key connections with stakeholders to drive large, thematic improvements.
- Deliver Insight. Utilize data associated with insight gathering initiatives (surveys, focus groups, exit interviews) to deliver meaningful insights and trends directly from the voice of our employees to leaders. Determine and report on most impactful insights identified via deep dive analysis.
- Facilitate Cross-Functional Collaboration: Interact with all levels of employees and act as the bridge between ER Solutions, Operations stakeholders, senior leaders and employees to become a trusted partner in solving issues.
- Effective Communication: Make sense of complex information and communicate effectively to audiences of varying levels of experience. Present recommendations in business reviews and identify opportunities to implement solutions for the relevant business unit.
- Educate and Coach: Provide proactive education on ER-related topics, including two-way feedback mechanisms, engagement, effective communications, emotional intelligence, and psychological safety.
- Audit/Iterate: Surface system and tool feedback, as needed. Act as the conduit for employee feedback to help direct ER Solutions programs or new offerings.
A day in the life
The ERM will drive programs focused on increasing the effectiveness of our Operations businesses to identify, prioritize and fix employee experience defects. The programs will align Employee Relations’ curated services, technology, messaging, and auditing mechanisms to deliver results on behalf of our Operations employees.
About The Team
The ERM will play a critical role in advancing our mission. You will join a tight-knit team of ER professionals, including former HR, operational, program and legal leaders and will help shape the culture and direction of this team. You will be supporting Amazon's Worldwide Operations portfolio, and have impact on the daily work of over 900k+ Amazonians. We’ve found the best Employee Relations leaders come from backgrounds that involve working across numerous fields and areas. The consistent thread, however, is an exceptional ability to communicate—both written and verbal.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited university
- Proven track record of confident communication and management of stakeholders across all levels of an organization, including the ability to propose complex solutions and explanations in writing.
- 6+ years of relevant experience including employee/client engagement experience or a blend of operations and HR
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Able to demonstrate sound judgment even in ambiguous or stressful situations.
- Experience supporting hourly and salary employee client groups
- High-level leadership and decision-making skills.
- Experience in a distribution center or manufacturing environment
- Lean/Continuous Improvement experience, training or certification.
- Experience using Project Management principles and methodology.
- You are empathetic at your core; you love asking the right questions just as much as solving the problem.
- High attention to detail including precise and effective customer communications and proven ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously.
- You will have a positive, proactive and flexible style and an uncanny ability to deal with ambiguity, seeing the bigger picture and detail simultaneously.
- Demonstrated ability to go beyond the scope of a project to understand business strategy and highlight opportunities where we can add more value.
The pay range for this position in New York City is $128,000 -$185,000(yr); however, base pay offered may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. A sign-on bonus and restricted stock units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the position offered. This information is provided per the New York City Human Rights Law. Base pay information is based on market location. Applicants should apply via Amazon's internal or external careers site.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Company - Amazon.com Services LLC
Job ID: A2058876
Your application has been successfully submitted.