Senior Employee Relations Partner - Office of Human Resources
About the job
About Our Job
Please apply as soon as you are able as we will close this position as soon as we receive a sufficient number of qualified candidates.
The City and County of Denver's Office of Human Resources (OHR) is seeking a skilled Senior Employee Relations Partner. This position will collaborate with HR Business Partners, agency leaders and employees regarding employee relations matters. The individual will provide guidance for Human Resources policies and participate in the resolution of employee relations issues of varying complexity, which may include investigations, employee disciplinary action, and conflict resolution.
We are seeking a candidate that has experience interpreting employment law, writing comprehensive disciplinary actions, responding to Tier 2 background adjudication inquiries, and analyzing trends to support positive business outcomes.
Job responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Advise and consult with stakeholders on employee relations issues to ensure compliance with rules, policies and procedures, and relevant laws
- Conduct thorough and timely investigations
- Under guidance of leadership and the City Attorney’s Office, recommend disciplinary action to include written reprimand, suspension, temporary reduction in pay, involuntary demotion or dismissal
- Record, track and audit disciplinary actions through ER case management and Workday systems
- Analyze data to assess trends and assist with development of action plans to reduce or mitigate risks
- Provide training for supervisory staff regarding applicable laws; policies and procedures; and effective progressive discipline practices to support fair and consistent application
Our ideal candidate has:
- Working knowledge of local, state and federal employment laws
- Exceptional customer service and responsiveness to employee relations matters
- Strong attention to detail and excellent problem-solving skills
- Excellent judgment, political sensitivity, and ability to maintain confidentiality and act collaboratively and discreetly
We realize your time is valuable, so please do not apply if you do not have at least the following required minimum qualifications:
- Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration, Human Resources, or a related field
- Five (5) years of experience specifically managing employee relations matters
- One (1) year of the appropriate type and level of experience may be substituted for each required year of post-high school education
- Additional appropriate education may be substituted for the minimum experience requirements
About Everything Else
CA2992 HR Business Partner Senior
To view the full job profile including position specifications, physical demands, and probationary period, click here.
Position Salary Range
$67,488.00 - $111,355.00
Based on experience and education
Office of Human Resources
The City and County of Denver provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, genetic information, age, or any other status protected under federal, state, and/or local law.
For information about right to work, click here for English or here for Spanish.
Your application has been successfully submitted.