Employee Relations Consultant
About the job
Changing the world through digital experiences is what Adobe’s all about. We give everyone—from emerging artists to global brands—everything they need to design and deliver exceptional digital experiences! We’re passionate about empowering people to create beautiful and powerful images, videos, and apps, and transform how companies interact with customers across every screen.
We’re on a mission to hire the very best and are committed to creating exceptional employee experiences where everyone is respected and has access to equal opportunity. We realize that new ideas can come from everywhere in the organization, and we know the next big idea could be yours!
Changing the world through digital experiences is what Adobe’s all about. We give everyone—from emerging artists to global brands—everything they need to design and deliver exceptional digital experiences. We’re passionate about empowering people to craft beautiful and powerful images, videos, and apps, and transform how companies interact with customers across every screen.
We’re on a mission to hire the very best and are committed to building exceptional employee experiences where everyone is respected and has access to equal opportunity. We realize that new ideas can come from everywhere in the organization, and we know the next big idea could be yours!
In the exciting role of Employee Relations Consultant, you will join a proven, robust team at Adobe! We focus on providing direction, supporting employees and sharing recommendations for the resolution of critical and sophisticated employee relations activities. You will provide consultation and coaching to Americas Region based employees related to areas including performance management, conflict resolution, and employee and manager coaching. You will have the opportunity to build positive relationships and work closely with all levels of management, Business Partners, Adobe Employment Counsel, Internal Stakeholders and Centers of Excellence (COEs) with the goal to drive high employee engagement and support resolution.
What You'll Do
- Engage as a trusted adviser and critical partner to coach our people on various employee relations matters related, but not limited to, conflict resolution and performance issues. Thus, you will need to demonstrate a solid understanding of company policy, culture and core values, and make recommendations to help resolve sophisticated and unique employment related issues and support vital course of action to drive positive outcomes
- Lead complex and high-volume employee situations related to performance management, general mentorship and feedback support, recommend solutions and assist with facilitation of resolution
- Partner with managers on sophisticated performance matters and assess progress, mentor managers and employees through corrective action and disciplinary actions
- Model the Adobe values and behaviors and mentor employees and managers on doing the same
- Follow defined Adobe processes to provide a consistent employee experience related to all employee relations activity
- Partner with key collaborators across the business and Employee Experience function
- Develop content and lead critical training for managers on the topic of performance management
- Participate in projects, as requested
- Partner with Sr. Employee Relations Consultants as needed to conduct investigations
What You Need To Succeed
- 6+ years of proven experience working in an Employee Relations and/or HR Business Partner role
- Demonstrate effective influencing skills to provide resolution to sophisticated and highly critical employee issues
- Understanding and capability to communicate about Federal, State and Local regulations; ADA and Leave of Absence
- Experience leading multiple, concurrent, high-priority employee situations with a focus on timely and consistent execution
- Effective in detailing case notes and providing counsel on written employee feedback
- Ability to anticipate potential issues and diagnose root cause through listening and inquiry
- The aim to work enthusiastically across diverse organizations
- Ability to work independently and be part of a team environment while developing strong professional relationships with peers, managers, executives and cross-functional teams
- Demonstrate dedication to helping teams drive success and achieve results in alignment with what we value
- Bachelors required. Employment Law background, SHRM PHR or equivalent Human Resources certification a plus.
At Adobe, you will be immersed in an exceptional work environment that is recognized throughout the world on Best Companies lists. You will also be surrounded by colleagues who are committed to helping each other grow through our unique Check-In approach where ongoing feedback flows freely.
If you’re looking to make an impact, Adobe's the place for you. Discover what our employees are saying about their career experiences on the Adobe Life blog and explore the meaningful benefits we offer.
Adobe is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome and encourage diversity in the workplace regardless of gender, race or color, ethnicity or national origin, age, disability, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or veteran status.
Pursuant to the Colorado Fair Pay Act, below is a summary of compensation elements for this role at the company if based in Colorado.
Colorado Starting Salary: $81,500 - $105,900
At Adobe, for sales roles starting salaries are expressed as total target compensation (TTC = base + commission), and short-term incentives are in the form of sales commission plans. Non-sales roles starting salaries are expressed as base salary and short-term incentives are in the form of the Annual Incentive Plan (AIP).
In addition, certain roles may be eligible for long-term incentives in the form of a new hire equity award.
Your application has been successfully submitted.