Corporate Talent Acquisition Business Partner
About the job
We are excited to partner with our client, one of the largest apartment owners in the US, actively investing in rental properties in the urban core of cities and in high density suburban areas near transit, entertainment, and cultural amenities. The company acquires, develops, and manages multifamily residential units in the form of garden-style, high-rise, and mid-rise properties.
- 90% Remote with 1 day a week in-office. ***
Under the general supervision of the Director, Talent Acquisition, the Corporate Talent Acquisition Business Partner is responsible for the overall sourcing, recruitment, and placement of candidates to meet current and future staffing needs. The Corporate Talent Acquisition Business Partner will develop and use a variety of proven recruiting strategies to fill job openings in a timely manner and ensure strategic, creative, cost-effective candidate sourcing while managing the candidate experience by modeling the Company brand. Primary job functions include, but are not limited to, building and maintaining a candidate pipeline through sourcing and outreach; screening, interviewing, and hiring candidates; developing and maintaining a college/university/trade school recruiting strategy; analyzing compensation trends and making salary recommendations for all new hires and promotions; coaching and training hiring managers on interviewing and hiring decisions; and analyzing results of recruiting strategies and employment turnover.
Sourcing & Recruiting Strategy - 40%
- Builds, manages, and maintains a candidate pipeline for more effective candidate placement and overall improved time to fill.
- Researches, identifies and establishes business relationships with diverse talent sources.
- Implements recruiting and selection strategies for assigned corporate departments and locations — including screening resumes and conducting initial phone screens with candidates for employment as well as scheduling and conducting in-person and/or video or phone interviews.
- Guides corporate managers in the hiring and selection process, including offering compensation recommendations and assisting with negotiations, and acts as an ongoing resource and consultant to internal clients/hiring managers.
- Prepares recruiting reports and identifies recruiting trends for corporate recruitment efforts; analyzes results of recruiting strategies and reports trends to internal business partners.
- Manages internal transfer and promotion process for assigned geographic area, participating in the process as an interviewer and decision maker as needed.
- Sources candidates for corporate internship programs; manages the placement of interns and monitors progress and results. Participates in efforts to keep programs up to date and competitive; may be called upon to revise existing programs or develop new ones.
- Leads efforts that support the Company's diversity and inclusion efforts, including the development and maintenance of new sourcing partnerships and the tracking and reporting of efforts and results to senior leadership.
- Partners with regionally-based Talent Acquisition Business Partners as needed to provide sourcing and recruiting support for leadership and corporate opportunities within their geographic markets; at times, may be asked to cover for regional recruiting activities during other Talent Acquisition Business Partners’ time off.
- Maintain and build relationships with contingent and retained agencies.
Corporate Talent Acquisition Business Partner
Strategic & Leadership Contributions - 25%
- Provides effective and frequent communication to all levels of corporate management.
- Guides managers in the hiring and selection process and acts as an ongoing resource and consultant to internal customers/hiring managers.
- Acts as a strategic business partner by collaborating with corporate client groups to address challenges with staffing and/or retention.
- Serves as mentor and coach to other Talent Acquisition Business Partners, as applicable.
- Aligns with corporate HR team in order to provide consistent, integrated, and effective talent acquisition solutions for corporate teams.
Maintain The Company Brand & Culture - 25%
- Demonstrates behaviors that position the Company as an Employer of Choice and the HR team as being brand ambassadors throughout the recruitment, hiring, and onboarding experiences.
- Provides effective, thorough, and timely communication to candidates, internal business partners, and all levels of management.
- Acts as a brand ambassador for the Company, pursuing opportunities to become embedded in local talent market(s) and effectively sharing company, culture, and value information with prospective employees to position the Company l as an employer of choice.
- Represents the Company in a professional manner at all times. Consistently maintains a professional image and demeanor when dealing with applicants, co-workers and the general public.
Additional Responsibilities - 10%
- Participates in and/or compiles quarterly and ad hoc reporting of corporate recruiting activities and results, as requested.
- Takes on project manager role in enterprise-wide recruiting projects, as needed.
- Participates in specialized projects and pilot programs and performs other duties as assigned.
Primary Job Competencies
Action Orientation: Seizes opportunities and acts on them quickly.
Adaptable to Change: The ability to be flexible and productive during times of change, and expects and welcomes the next change as an opportunity to improve oneself and the workplace.
Business Acumen: Understands the business and uses good judgment to guide it.
Communication: Delivers clear, effective communication across all mediums.
Customer Focus: Commits to satisfying internal and external customers.
Decision Quality: Makes sound decisions that take into account objectives, risks, implications, and values.
Professional Presence: Displays a credible presence and positive image to enhance one’s ability to effectively conduct business.
Relationship Building: Encourages and builds professional and high quality relationships that support the business.
Strategic Thinking: Uses an understanding of competitive position to develop both short and long-term strategy.
JOB QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS:
College degree strongly preferred. 4+ years recruitment experience required; in-house and technical recruitment experience preferred. Excellent written and verbal communication skills and a professional image essential. Strong customer service, problem-solving, analytical, and decision-making skills required. Demonstrated ability to interact with and influence a diverse candidate and internal customer base required. Must possess exceptional attention to detail and organizational skills, as well as the ability to prioritize, manage multiple tasks simultaneously, and maintain a high degree of confidentiality. Must be computer proficient and able to learn new software upgrades and enhancements. Travel may be required.
Machines, Tools And Equipment, Software
Advanced computer skills with Internet and email capabilities. Proficiency with HRIS/ATS (Oracle Recruiting Cloud, Oracle Fusion, etc.), Google applications (Gmail, Calendar, Drive, Sheets, Slides), and MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint). Must be tech-savvy and forward-thinking with a fluency in social media (LinkedIn, Glassdoor, Instagram, etc.).
Physical And Visual Activities
Ability to hear and speak well enough to converse verbally over the phone and in-person (expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken or written word). Ability to interpret, evaluate and communicate detailed written or verbal instructions to others accurately and easily. Able to see well enough to use the computer effectively and read written communications. Ability to lift, push, pull or carry up to 15 pounds for the dissemination of documents, supplies, materials, etc. to various locations throughout the office/facility. May be required to climb stairs depending on the property structure.
The above describes the physical and visual activities that are commonly associated with the performance of the essential functions of this job. “Commonly associated” is not intended to mean always or only. Reasonable accommodation will be provided as required by law to enable otherwise qualified employees with a known disability to perform the essential functions of the job.
WORKING ENVIRONMENT: General office setting.
Your application has been successfully submitted.