About the job
Robert Half is currently working with a client seeking a Payroll Manager. The Payroll Manager will help meet standards for the financial department necessary for growth and will work on tax-related tasks, such as W2 forms, preparing reports and updating policies. If you are a dynamic Payroll Manager with excellent communication, proven leadership, and are deadline driven, this may be the role for you.
- Coordinate timekeeping and payroll systems
- Create reports and ensure accuracy of records
- Oversee and train payroll assistants and clerks
- Generate systems that process payroll account transactions, like salaries, benefits, garnishments, deductions, taxes and third-party payments
- Settle issues and respond to all questions related to payroll
- Collaborate with Human Resources (HR) and accounting teams
- Follow internal policies and act in accordance with relevant laws
- Oversee processing of payroll changes (e.g., new hires, terminations, raises) and system upgrades
- Manage payroll tax audits and liaise with auditors
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills (verbal, written, and listening)
- Knowledge in compliance
- 5+ years of payroll experience
- Leadership and organizational skills
- Trained in handling confidential business matters and information with discretion
- 2+ years of proven leadership experience as a payroll manager or similar role
- Superb understanding of multi-location payroll and taxes
- Bachelors degree in Business Administration, Accounting, Human Resources or related field
- CPP, CPM, or other related professional certifications is a plus
- Capable of working in payroll applications
- Knowledge of current payroll procedures and related laws
Robert Half is the world’s first and largest specialized talent solutions firm that connects highly qualified job seekers to opportunities at great companies. We offer contract, temporary and permanent placement solutions for finance and accounting, technology, marketing and creative, legal, and administrative and customer support roles.
Robert Half puts you in the best position to succeed by advocating on your behalf and promoting you to employers. We provide access to top jobs, competitive compensation and benefits, and free online training. Stay on top of every opportunity – even on the go.
Questions? Call your local office at 1.888.490.5461. Robert Half will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be authorized to work in the United States. Benefits are available to temporary professionals. Visit
© 2022 Robert Half. An Equal Opportunity Employer. M/F/Disability/Veterans. By clicking “Apply Now,” you’re agreeing to
Your application has been successfully submitted.