About the job
Director of Payroll/Tax position. This position will be responsible for work on tax-related tasks, such as W2 forms, preparing reports and updating policies, and will help achieve standards that are necessary for growth within the financial department. If you are a dynamic Payroll Manager with excellent communication, proven leadership, and are deadline driven, this may be the role for you.
This is a hybrid role and is seeking a strong professional to assist in oversight their clients payroll processing and taxes.
For immediate consideration: email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or call Danielle Tubero at 630-368-1175
- Settle issues and respond to all questions related to payroll
- Collaborate with auditors and manage payroll tax audits
- Help create systems that process payroll account transactions, like salaries, benefits, garnishments, deductions, taxes and third-party payments
- Organize payroll systems and timekeeping
- Abide by relevant laws and internal policies
- Supervise system upgrades and the processing of payroll changes (e.g., new hires, terminations, raises)
- Create reports and ensure accuracy of records regarding payroll taxes
- Coach and supervise 2 payroll professional and 1 tax individual
- For immediate consideration: email your resume to email@example.com or call Danielle Tubero at 630-368-1175
7 + years of proven leadership experience as a payroll manager or similar role in payroll service company overseeing processing payroll for multiple companies
- CPP, CPM, or other related professional certifications is a plus
- Trained in handling confidential business matters and information with discretion
- Compliance knowledge
- Superb understanding of multi-location payroll and taxes
- Bachelors degree in Business Administration, Accounting, Human Resources or related field
- 5+ years of payroll experience
- Sound written and verbal communication skills
- Ample knowledge of various payroll applications
- Solid grasp on current payroll procedures and related laws
- Excellent leadership and organizational skills
Robert Half is the world’s first and largest specialized talent solutions firm that connects highly qualified job seekers to opportunities at great companies. We offer contract, temporary and permanent placement solutions for finance and accounting, technology, marketing and creative, legal, and administrative and customer support roles.
Robert Half puts you in the best position to succeed by advocating on your behalf and promoting you to employers. We provide access to top jobs, competitive compensation and benefits, and free online training. Stay on top of every opportunity – even on the go.
Questions? Call your local office at 1.888.490.5461. Robert Half will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be authorized to work in the United States. Benefits are available to temporary professionals. Visit
© 2022 Robert Half. An Equal Opportunity Employer. M/F/Disability/Veterans. By clicking “Apply Now,” you’re agreeing to
Your application has been successfully submitted.