About the job
Our reputable client is seeking a Payroll Manager to join the company. This Payroll Manager will be responsible for work on tax-related tasks, such as W2 forms, preparing reports and updating policies, and will help achieve standards that are necessary for growth within the financial department. This may be the role for you if you are a dynamic Payroll Manager with excellent communication, proven leadership, and are deadline driven.
What you get to do every day
- Answer payroll-related questions and resolve issues
- Maintain accurate records and prepare reports
- Manage and train payroll clerks and assistants
- Oversee processing of payroll changes (e.g., new hires, terminations, raises) and system upgrades
- Engage with accounting and Human Resources (HR) teams
- Coordinate timekeeping and payroll systems
- Follow internal policies and act in accordance with relevant laws
- Develop systems to process payroll account transactions (e.g., salaries, benefits, garnishments, deductions, taxes and third-party payments)
- Liaise with auditors and manage payroll tax audits
- Leadership and organizational skills
- Excellent understanding of multi-location payroll and taxes
- Knowledge in compliance
- CPP, CPM, or other related professional certifications is a plus
- 5+ years of payroll experience
- Background in handling confidential business matters and information with discretion
- Bachelors degree in Business Administration, Accounting, Human Resources or related field
- Some experience with multiple payroll applications
- Current knowledge of payroll procedures and related laws
- 2+ years of proven leadership experience as a payroll manager or similar role
- Strong communication skills, both verbally and in writing
Robert Half is the world’s first and largest specialized talent solutions firm that connects highly qualified job seekers to opportunities at great companies. We offer contract, temporary and permanent placement solutions for finance and accounting, technology, marketing and creative, legal, and administrative and customer support roles.
Robert Half puts you in the best position to succeed by advocating on your behalf and promoting you to employers. We provide access to top jobs, competitive compensation and benefits, and free online training. Stay on top of every opportunity – even on the go.
Questions? Call your local office at 1.888.490.5461. Robert Half will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be authorized to work in the United States. Benefits are available to temporary professionals. Visit
Your application has been successfully submitted.