Director, Global Executive Talent Acquisition, Market Aligned Recruiting
About the job
In Microsoft’s Global Talent Acquisition organization, our mission is to engage and hire the people who empower the planet. We endeavor to play a vital role in delivering on the promise of Microsoft’s culture and ultimately, make a difference in the world, through how and who we recruit. We believe that when recruiting experiences reflect the value and diversity of talented people, everyone can achieve more.
The Market Aligned Recruiting (MAR) Director of GETA is a unique opportunity to lead an exceptional and dedicated team that is sourcing and engaging for hiring the top leadership talent for today and ensuring a pipeline of innovative talent for the future. This team plays an influential part in supporting the ongoing transformation of Microsoft and our mission to find and compete for talent that can change the world
We are looking for an experienced people leader with a deep and analytical understanding of the talent implications of business and product strategy to ensure that our talent acquisition philosophies deliver the highest impact to the business.
This hands-on executive recruiting expert and leader will inform, influence, and consult with our business leaders on their searches while also directly manage a team of talent acquisition professionals to: optimize for resourcing for projects and search work, develop a unique and robust blueprint on industry insights/market mapping, and candidate generation/development strategies for Microsoft global executive.
Microsoft is on a mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. Our culture is centered on embracing a growth mindset, a theme of inspiring excellence, and encouraging teams and leaders to bring their best each day. In doing so, we create life-changing innovations that impact billions of lives around the world. You can help us achieve our mission.
This is a challenging and stimulating role that partners closely with a broad spectrum of internal stakeholders across HR, Global Talent Acquisition, and executive leadership at Microsoft. This leader will be responsible for the following:
- Learner Mindset: Passion for learning and growth while also inspiring the same for others. Always seeking ways to drive toward higher levels of excellence in contributions to direct and broad Talent Acquisition team. Ability to get team up to speed quickly on new markets, technology, and product domains to quickly understand and apply this knowledge into effective search strategies.
- Recruiting at Scale: Operate with consistency and focus on continuous improvement (process, tools, programs, etc.) to deliver greater business impact and insights. Effectively collaborate with other teams both within and outside of Global Talent Acquisition in support of our mission.
- Customer Obsessed: Build productive partnerships with executive business and HR leaders to define and deliver talent acquisition and succession plans. This means learning about our internal and external stakeholders to build domain expertise and then be relied on for advice and providing solutions that meet or exceed their needs.
- Impeccable Values & People Management: Treat everyone with respect and recognize that the thoughts, feelings, and backgrounds of others are important; Proactively build trust by keeping their word, transparent and tells others the truth with care; Make intentions and goals clear and invite input from others on how they are doing.
- Data Driven Outcomes: Leverage data from a range of internal and external sources to provide deep analytical insight to drive informed decision making and clear strategic outcomes while contributing to the overall Global Talent Acquisition strategy. Ensure accurate business reporting to clients and stakeholders against quality metrics monthly, and coach and mentor the team of recruiters to make data driven decisions
- Enable Global Scale & Impact: Contribute to the ongoing development of a global ecosystem of processes, systems and tools that enable productivity and impact and create global consistency and scalability. Ability to develop a global blueprint on targeted companies, industries, and talent and prioritize effectively based on key market insights and Microsoft’s overarching current and future needs.
- 10+ years talent acquisition experience (e.g., recruiting, sourcing), HR experience, or industry experience related to role
- OR Bachelor's Degree in Human Resources, Business, Liberal Arts, Computer Science, Engineering, or related field AND 8+ years talent acquisition experience (e.g., recruiting, sourcing), HR experience, or industry experience related to role.
- 5+ years formal or informal leadership/managerial experience.
- Demonstrated exceptional people management capabilities in a talent acquisition function with a history of leaving an organization stronger than it was before.
- Ability to operate talent acquisition team with excellence at global scale.
- Ability to deliver results in a dynamic environment.
The salary for this role in the state of Colorado is between $144,600 and $216,600.
At Microsoft, certain roles are eligible for additional rewards, including annual bonus and stock. These awards are allocated based on individual performance. In addition, certain roles also have the opportunity to earn sales incentives based on revenue or utilization, depending on the terms of the plan and the employee’s role.
Benefits/perks listed here may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.US-based employees gain access to healthcare benefits, a 401(k) plan and company match, short-term and long-term disability coverage, basic life insurance, and fitness benefits, among others.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Your application has been successfully submitted.