About the job
We have a great opportunity for to join our Global Talent Acquisition organization as a Recruiter. These roles partner directly with Managers to hire world class talent for the various organizations at Microsoft. The client groups include Engineering, Go-to-Market, Corporate Functions, and University Recruiting. Come join an organization focused on high impact work, strong business partnership, teamwork and collaboration!
Microsoft is on a mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. Our culture is centered on embracing a growth mindset, a theme of inspiring excellence, and encouraging teams and leaders to bring their authentic selves each day. In doing so, we create life-changing innovations that impact billions of lives around the world. You can help us achieve our mission by representing Microsoft in today’s competitive talent market as we search for the nation’s top talent.
By applying to this position, you are being considered for multiple like positions within our Global Talent Acquisition Team. Job responsibilities will remain the same regardless of final alignment. Hiring team and location will be determined following the interview process.
- Interprets client’s business and the industry landscape and/or university talent pools to influence the client to adopt optimal staffing solutions.
- Understands factors relevant to the business and hiring managers' needs (e.g., time to hire, location, budget) and uses this knowledge to develop and implement end-to-end hiring plan aligned to the needs of the business group.
- Consults a business area on talent needs and opportunities and pushes for the acceptance of differentiated and alternative types of talent (e.g., compete, diverse, nontraditional) that may not be typically considered.
Data Analysis & Hiring Plans
- Analyzes relevant data and trends to provide insight, and consults with a business, area, or subsidiary to implement a hiring plan that addresses both business demand and talent availability for short-term and near-term needs (2-6 months). Reviews and analyzes data and trends to improve staffing performance, and uses insights to support other teams.
- Elicits interest in active and potential candidates by telling the business story, and contributes to the development of new stories. Generates awareness through community outreach events and strategic networking.
- Shares best practices on sourcing, recruiting, and/or closing techniques and stories with their own team. Tracks candidate activity and shares with internal stakeholders.
- Coaches the client to represent Microsoft’s unique career possibilities, advantages, and rewards that are distinct from those of competitors.
- Gathers requirements and develops hiring plans that meet candidate needs throughout the hiring lifecycle. Owns elements of the candidate experience and prepares candidates for next phases of the process. Enhances the candidate experience at all phases of the relationship by proactively identifying factors that may adversely impact the candidate, and sharing with the business to mitigate.
- Uses an understanding of talent markets and complex candidate profiles, as well as growing relationships with new talent pools and communities with future potential, to identify and engage candidates for immediate and future talent needs.
- Develops strategies to generate differentiated talent in emerging roles or highly competitive talent pools to meet long-term business needs (e.g., industry, technical recruiting).
Candidate Assessment & Screening
- Leverages tools and assessment frameworks from Operations teams and Center of Excellence to assess candidates. May contribute to the creation of assessment materials by identifying relevant competencies and job criteria.
- Executes initial screening and assessing of candidates. Wualifies talent pool by assessing relevant factors such as ability to hire, relocation considerations, immigration, and compensation.
Operational Compliance & Excellence
- Uses subject matter expertise on applying internal and external staffing policies, standards, and/or regulations throughout the entire staffing lifecycle to educate clients, stakeholders, and other staffers on policy, system, and process issues. Identifies opportunities to optimize policies, systems, and processes.
- Maintains current documentation on candidates’ qualifications and status in the appropriate staffing or tracking system, within compliance guidelines (e.g., Office of Federal Compliance Programs, General Data Protection Regulation). Captures relevant data in recruiting platform and leverages data to inform meaningful insights.
- Embody our culture and values
- 5+ years talent acquisition experience (e.g., recruiting, sourcing), HR experience, or industry experience related to role
- OR Bachelor's Degree in Human Resources, Business, Liberal Arts, Computer Science, Engineering, or related field AND 3+ years talent acquisition experience (e.g., recruiting, sourcing), HR experience, or industry experience related to role.
Additional Or Preferred Qualifications
- LinkedIn Certification.
The salary for this role in the state of Colorado is between $103,700 to 171,500
At Microsoft, certain roles are eligible for additional rewards, including annual bonus and stock. These awards are allocated based on individual performance. In addition, certain roles also have the opportunity to earn sales incentives based on revenue or utilization, depending on the terms of the plan and the employee’s role.
Benefits/perks listed here may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.US-based employees gain access to healthcare benefits, a 401(k) plan and company match, short-term and long-term disability coverage, basic life insurance, and fitness benefits, among others.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
Your application has been successfully submitted.