About the job
Location; Hollister, CA
The Sourcing Recruiter will be responsible for identifying, attracting, and obtaining talent for the Biotech / Life Science sector. This is a high touch client and candidate facing Sourcing Recruiting role. Apply creativity through traditional and non-traditional resources to network and obtain talent through the full recruitment cycle. Will have a developed brand for being exceptional at candidate generation, client, and account management, possess exceptional organizational skills, strong verbal, and written communication skills, have an ability to prioritize your time, demonstrate pushback and a sense of urgency, and understand the value of providing amazing customer service. Thrive in a work environment that is innovative, fast-paced, fun and goal oriented. This position reports to the Director of Talent Acquisition.
- Partner with hiring teams to build effective sourcing, assessment, and closing approaches with an ability to manage customer / partner expectations through a deep understanding of market insights.
- Recruit passive life science candidates and possess the keen ability to gage the chemistry of candidates for fit and understand their career motivators other than filling a role.
- Develop comprehensive sourcing / recruitment strategy for critical hiring including sourcing methodologies to enhance pipeline development i.e. conference, event, job fair, advertising/posting opportunities.
- Provides strategic guidance and becomes an advisor to business leaders in matters related to technical and non-technical hiring by delivering results.
- Develop sourcing models and plans to generate talent pools; create and execute robust search strategies that will attract the best and brightest talent; calibrate candidates with hiring managers.
- Recommend ideas and strategies related to recruitment that will contribute to the long-range growth of the company, innovating and implementing new recruiting best practices and processes.
- Interview candidates within the framework of the position specification and possess strong ability to screen, interview and prepare a candidate slate within an appropriate and consistent timeline.
- Participate in and / or own special projects / recruiting initiatives, including assessment of best practices in interviewing techniques, leveraging of internal sources of talent and identification of top performers for senior-level openings.
- Works closely with Marketing team to maintain a strong company brand on social media platforms for recruiting purposes.
- Conducts in-take meetings with hiring managers to ensure a full understanding of the role requirements and person specification as well as educate the hiring manager on their responsibilities throughout the hiring process.
- Ensures smooth onboarding process from offer acceptance to day one, working closely with the Learning and Development Manager.
- Stays current on the company's organization structure, policies, and federal and state laws regarding employment practices.
- Completes other tasks and duties in support of the People Department.
- Learns new procedures and accepts new assignments within reasonable timeframes, to be agreed upon by the employee and supervisor.
- Recognizes and resolves problems; troubleshoots malfunctions in procedures and uses alternative methods if available.
- Coordinates efforts of effective work activities that contribute to company needs.
- Demonstrates good judgment in handling situations not covered by written or verbal instructions.
- Demonstrates effective communication skills by conveying necessary information accurately, listening effectively and asking pertinent questions when clarification is needed.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience.
- 4+ Years applicable technical recruiting experience working in medium to high volume, high hiring bar environments.
- Deep knowledge of various sourcing tools, systems, ATS's, Boolean searches, and other approaches for passive candidate searches.
- Attention to detail with exceptional analytical and process management skills.
- Skilled at partnering with hiring teams to build effective sourcing strategies, assessment, and engagement approaches with an ability to manage customer expectations.
- Focus on results, ability to drive the recruiting process and provide responsive follow-up to both candidates and hiring teams in weekly stand-up meetings.
- Ability to handle multiple projects concurrently.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to prioritize and complete projects within deadlines.
- Solid knowledge of HR policies, labor laws, and best practices.
- Ability to conduct different types of interviews (e.g. structured, competency based and behavioral).
- Ability to use psychometric tests and other assessment tools.
- Skilled with social media, especially LinkedIn, Glassdoor, Indeed.
Platinum Resource Group is a professional level consulting firm, providing resources to Fortune 1000 client companies in the areas of technology, human resources, accounting, finance, business systems and supply chain, on a contract and interim basis. PRG has operations in Orange County, San Diego, Los Angeles, and San Francisco. As a W-2 employer we offer our consultants direct deposit bi-weekly payroll, health, dental, vision benefits, paid holidays, and referral bonuses.
Desired Skills and Experience
Your application has been successfully submitted.