Diversity and Inclusion Program Manager
About the job
Cloud and AI is responsible for Microsoft’s cloud computing fabric and artificial intelligence platform. We are an exciting and dynamic team responsible for building the next generation of technologies. We are looking for an experienced Program Manager to focus on furthering Diversity and Inclusion reporting into the executive office of the EVP. This position will be working with one of our organizations in Cloud and AI to collaborate with their leadership team, chief of staff, D&I Champs/V-teams, Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) and HR Business Partners (HRBPs), etc. to cultivate Microsoft’s aspire-to culture by cultivating an environment where everyone can be their full authentic.
Who You Are
- Someone who has a practical understanding and interest in the impact of organizational culture on lived employee experiences across a broad range of diverse identities and underrepresented communities.
- A systems thinker. Someone who thinks about the big picture and how existing programs can scale across a business and different verticals, keeping business relevance while leveraging a corporate plan. Someone who understands how technology shapes the world we live in and how diversity and inclusion is a foundational part of successful engineering teams and products.
- You’re able to process multiple different information flows and make sense of what you’re seeing. With a desire to learn and iterate.
- A relationship builder. You’re skilled at bringing people together to work towards a common goal or challenge.
- An excellent and timely communicator with a proven track record of drafting employee communications
What you will work on:
- Partner with the in-business Leadership Team, D&I Executive Sponsor, Chief of Staff, and HR Business Partner to understand priorities and identify areas where Diversity and Inclusion programming can help achieve desired outcomes, and/or amplify existing efforts being led by other groups and partners.
- Act as a strategist and thought partner to in-business Employee Resource Groups (ERGs); partnering on events, development of OKRs, and ensuring groups are supported and connected across the organization.
- Manage, execute, and scale diversity and inclusion programs in business. Leverage proven programs and infrastructure from across C+AI and the corporate Global Diversity and Inclusion (GD&I) team while identifying gaps and unique needs that need localized intervention.
- Manages and executes on Microsoft strategies and/or programs related to global diversity and inclusion initiatives across C+AI.
- Collaborates with internal stakeholders to manage the creation, change management, and implementation of execution plans.
- Supporting Employee Resource Groups. Ensuring ERGs are supported, their initiatives are amplified, and ensure connections between groups with leaders and the broader .
- Scale proven D&I programs in your business, while identifying gaps and unique needs to address.
- Ensure operational excellence and prioritization while managing multiple tasks and projects to meet deadlines.
- Partner with the broader C+AI D&I ecosystem and attend monthly D&I Council community meetings
- 3+ years of business program management experience, or relevant experience developing, delivering, promoting, critically assessing, and continually improving programs for a large organization.
- 2+ years of experience managing programs/initiatives and driving change management that improve the lived experiences and representation of employees across a broad range of diverse identities and underrepresented communities. Excellent influence management skills. Experience in leading and managing global virtual teams and programs.
- Excellent project management, communications and organizational skills and attention to detail, with a track record of getting things done through cross-functional partnerships.
- Experience working with employee resource groups and manager communities a plus.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
Your application has been successfully submitted.