Sr Talent Program Manager, Talent Architecture
About the job
Microsoft is currently modernizing its Talent Architecture data framework to enable best-in-class talent management, career and skills development, better market alignment, and deeper talent insight. The Sr Talent Program Manager, Talent Architecture drives the governance processes for roles across the company; ensuring an ongoing accurate data foundation of jobs and people key to unlocking modern Talent Management scenarios planned. This includes servicing strategic requests for new and/or changes to roles; refreshing aging roles; implementing and evolving architecture standards; identifying and establishing key processes, including digital and inference capabilities; establishing and evolving Profession Councils; managing telemetry/signaling for role and people data; governing the implementation of role mapping process controls; and managing subscriptions to role content.
The outputs of the work (job content, responsibilities, skills, qualifications, validations, and role mapping) are used at the core of our talent systems, programs, and functions including role (job) descriptions for hiring/selection, career progression, employee development, succession management, performance management and rewards.
Microsoft is on a mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. Our culture is centered on embracing a growth mindset, a theme of inspiring excellence, and encouraging teams and leaders to bring their best each day. In doing so, we create life-changing innovations that impact billions of lives around the world. You can help us achieve our mission.
Location: Redmond (prefered) Silicon Valley or Los Angeles.
Talent Management Consulting
- Acts as a subject matter expert to consult internal clients on talent management solutions and best practices in the industry; proposes data-based recommendations to business leaders, leveraging knowledge of best practices and company policies and procedures, as well as related laws and regulations.
- Communicates talent management approaches to leaders and stakeholders (HR and business), often at the executive level, utilizing data to educate and influence buy-in and implementation of solutions.
- Follows, contributes to, reinforces, and may help to develop philosophy, strategy, and standards for how Talent Management helps businesses respond to talent-related opportunities and demands; helps to develop tools and/or assessments that guide managers to make effective talent-related decisions.
Program Design and Implementation
- Drives the design and implementation of talent programs; presents ideas, business insight, and implementation approaches to HR leadership and business partners to increase the visibility of programs; assists in the development of engagement and integration strategies.
- Assists in building plans to integrate the Microsoft cultural attributes (e.g., diversity, inclusion), leadership principles, and other talent, learning, and organizational development frameworks into talent practices for organizations or lateral focus areas.
- Manages Talent Management initiatives by interpreting business needs and leveraging best practices; integrates solutions into other talent management processes and HR plans.
- Develops, guides, and manages the execution of talent management programs by identifying organizational talent needs, securing resources, communicating with stakeholders, and prioritizing work; drives programs by leveraging data to inform talent decisions.
Qualitative and Quantitative Analysis and Application
- Designs and/or implements talent management tools, methodologies, and principles to improve benchmarking, evaluation, forecasting, decision-making, and management of talent.
- Exchanges information with partners and peers in other disciplines on organizational diagnostics, analysis, interpretation, and presentation techniques.
- Evaluates business drivers to make a case for change adoption; assesses risks and benefits of the changes, develops effective change-management strategies, and ensures communications and readiness materials are in place to facilitate the transition of Talent Management programs/processes.
Global Talent Strategy and Business Alignment
- Drives the design and implementation of talent programs/processes, learning programs, and key efforts of Center of Excellence and/or other business units; presents ideas, business insight, and implementation approaches to Human Resources leadership and business partners to increase the visibility of programs; assists in the development of engagement and integration strategies.
- Embody our culture and values
- 10+ years experience in HR practices or Program/Project Management OR Bachelor's Degree in Human Resources, Business, or related field AND 7+ years experience in HR practices or Program/Project Management.
- 3+ years experience managing large-scale or complex projects/programs.
Additional Or Preferred Qualifications
- Experience with developing, executing, and driving change for global, corporate Talent Initiatives, including consulting with and influencing senior business, HR leaders, and stakeholders.
- Experience with executing multi-faceted projects in Human Performance Initiatives, Talent Architecture, Job Analysis, and/or Compensation.
- Master's Degree in Human Resources, Business, Organization Development, Psychology, or related field.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Business Acumen
- Change Leadership Facilitation
- Change Management
- Conflict Resolution
- Data Analysis
- Executive Relationships
- Job Analysis
- Problem Solving
- Project Management
- Talent Management Strategy
- Talent Programs
The salary for this role in the state of Colorado is between $125,000 and $187,700.
At Microsoft, certain roles are eligible for additional rewards, including annual bonus and stock. These awards are allocated based on individual performance. In addition, certain roles also have the opportunity to earn sales incentives based on revenue or utilization, depending on the terms of the plan and the employee’s role.
Benefits/perks listed here may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.US-based employees gain access to healthcare benefits, a 401(k) plan and company match, short-term and long-term disability coverage, basic life insurance, and fitness benefits, among others.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
Your application has been successfully submitted.