People Partner, Global Functions
About the job
Looking for a company that inspires passion, courage and creativity, where you can be on the team shaping the future of global commerce? Want to shape how millions of people buy, sell, connect, and share around the world? If you’re interested in joining a purpose driven community that is dedicated to crafting an ambitious and inclusive work environment, join eBay – a company you can be proud to be a part of!
eBay Inc. is a global commerce leader that connects millions of buyers and sellers around the world. We exist to enable economic opportunity for individuals, entrepreneurs, businesses and organizations of all sizes. eBay Marketplaces operates in 190 markets around the world.
About The Team
We are responsible for all aspects of the candidate and employee experience across eBay. We drive business performance, recruiting, learning and development, compensation, benefits, people experience shared services, and people tools and technologies – and oversee the continuing evolution of the company's culture.
About The Role
eBay is searching for an experienced, dynamic and hands-on People Development (HR Business) Partner with a combination of HR and organizational development background. You will bring your expertise and problem-solving skills to engage with senior People Business Partners and business leaders, diagnose needs, and use your broad experience to help to solve some of their most important business challenges. You will play a critical role in activating enterprise people programs and human capital plans. You will maximize your expertise in the areas of business, talent management, team effectiveness, organizational transformation and change, leadership development, organizational effectiveness, employee engagement and other people-related fields to deliver scalable, customer-focused HR programs and services to help the business achieve its goals.
You will be part of a dynamic, agile team that provides support to business leaders across the Globe. We will work to use your individual strengths to deliver HR solutions, and to develop additional capabilities in line with your career interests. This is a dynamic organization, so one must quickly understand the business, relate with organizational leaders and partner with HR experts across multiple disciplines. Innovate, prioritize, and manage multiple projects will all be key to your success!
This position can be based in any of our US offices.
Team Effectiveness and Performance: Partner with senior leadership teams by developing and facilitating customized interventions that enhance team performance and effectiveness. Provide analysis, consultation, gap assessment, team facilitation and solutions. Develop, design, and collaborate on organization effectiveness services and tools.
Sensing & Insights that Lead to Action: Use data, discern patterns and connections in information and sensing activities to identify themes and effectively influence leaders to take clear and focused plans of action for improvement.
HR Program Activation: Support the delivery of HR programs, systems and procedures, including effective communication, education and implementation of all HR programs and initiatives. Partner with COE account teams/partners to influence program design and to deliver enterprise programs, employee engagement support planning, and organizational restructuring and change management support.
Organizational Effectiveness: Partner with business leaders to translate their strategy and goals into implications for talent and organizational capabilities, and facilitate the changes needed to enable them to deliver the desired outcomes.
Leadership Development and/or Coaching: Utilize the advising process to support and enable leaders to achieve and sustain hard-working team and departments, including root cause analysis and intervention design and delivery. Provide one-to-one coaching for leaders at key points in their leadership journey, including new leader onboarding.
Change and Transition Management: Advise and facilitate through the full lifecycle of change: planning, implementation, and reinforcement, ensuring there is minimum disruption to the business and the desired impact of changes are achieved. Offer a systemic approach to managing through change, both for individuals and organizations.
Relationship Management: Quickly build trusting relationships that allow you to provide practical, as well as forward-thinking, solutions and services. Utilize emotional intelligence and situational awareness to adapt your approach, build credibility and confidence.
Proactive Problem Solving: Apply critical thinking skills, decisive judgment with minimal direction and take appropriate action.
Project Management: Manage complex and multi-faceted Human Capital projects across organizations and sites across the full lifecycle of projects.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent
- 7+ years relevant working experience in Human Resources or Organizational Development in a global organization. Strong command of models, frameworks, tools and solutions to increase leadership effectiveness. Including but not limited to; behavioral change, organizational effectiveness, emotional intelligence, change leadership, high performing team effectiveness and coaching
- Experience with talent management, leadership development and/or coaching, team facilitation, organizational design, employee engagement, organizational sensing and diagnosis, and training & development
- Ability to understand business operations and functions, how profitability is achieved, who the business serves and how human resource practices enable the business
- Strong critical thinking, problem solving and project management capabilities
- Tackles new opportunities and challenges with an action-orientation, high energy and passion
- Significant knowledge in change management and culture building with experience implementing enterprise wide change initiatives
- Moves with agility, comfortably through people, process and policy-related dynamics. Ability to deliver high levels of performance and service excellence
- Ability to maintain productive interpersonal relationships and help others do the same. Strong client leadership skills with the ability to quickly form relationships of trust, establish credibility, have a proactive point of view, and influence business leaders
- Skilled at using effective listening, probing and investigatory skills to handle complex, sensitive inquiries and conversations
- Capability to focus on designing and delivering employee-centric solutions to optimize the employee experience
- Exceptional interpersonal and communications skills to effectively communicate, collaborate, and influence at all levels of the organization
- Strong analytical approach and proactive problem solver, able troubleshooter adept at analyzing information, extracting and communicating insights, diagnosing problems and recommending appropriate solutions to People partners and business leaders
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced, multi-cultural, global organization and to build strong trust-based relationships with remote client groups and colleagues
- Willingness to travel (when the company is back to regular travel)
Benefits are an essential part of your total compensation for the work you do every day. Whether you’re single, in a growing family, or nearing retirement, eBay offers a variety of comprehensive and competitive benefit programs to meet your needs. Including maternal & paternal leave, paid sabbatical, and plans to help ensure your financial security today and in the years ahead because we know feeling financially secure during your working years and through retirement is important.
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
Here at eBay, we love creating opportunities for others by connecting people from widely diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and geographies. So, being diverse and inclusive isn’t just something we strive for, it is who we are, and part of what we do each and every single day. We want to ensure that as an employee, you feel eBay is a place where, no matter who you are, you feel safe, included, and that you have the opportunity to bring your unique self to work. To learn about eBay’s Diversity & Inclusion click here: https://www.ebayinc.com/company/diversity-inclusion/ _KA1
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible. Jobs posted with location as "Remote - United States (Excludes CO, HI, NM)" excludes Colorado, Hawaii and New Mexico.
For more information see: EEO is the Law Poster and EEO is the Law Poster Supplement
Your application has been successfully submitted.