Chief People Officer
About the job
About this Role
AboveBoard is an inclusive platform for executive hiring that connects qualified executives with board and full-time opportunities.
Our platform removes the limits of traditional executive search by both extending companies’ networks to include more diverse talent and creating transparent access to opportunities for executives. More than 30,000 executives and 600 companies are already using our platform.
AboveBoard is actively assisting another business to find its next Chief Marketing Officer.
Our CEO is personally leading the search for a Chief People Officer to lead all components of the People function within their people-first organization. This innovative, business-oriented leader will be responsible for developing and executing a comprehensive talent strategy in support of our next phase of growth.
Specifically, the Chief People Officer will:
- Attract, engage, retain, and develop talent: Our company is the best team I’ve ever been a part of.’ Build a reputation and brand for the business as a career defining place to work, and develop and execute strategies to engage and retain great talent from their moment of hiring.
- Align organizational structure to strategy: People are our most important asset. Put the right people in place to work on the company’s biggest opportunities, including members of the management team. Have a seat at the table to identify and execute organizational changes where needed to support our strategic decisions.
- Evolve culture forward: Culture at our company has always been taken seriously. The team believes in the phrase, ‘We should be a more impactful and incredible place to work at 500 people than it was at 50’. Work closely with founders and other members of the company to optimize and expand key concepts at the core of our culture.
What you will achieve in the first 12-18 months:
- Scale a talent acquisition function that increases brand awareness, maximizes talent density, and tangibly improves diversity at our company.
- Develop and execute performance management and learning & development strategies to increase engagement and retention of our members, as well as elevate trust and a sense of belonging.
- Build systems that will enable our continued ability to scale, and that will scale with the organization.
- Accelerate strategic outcomes and evolve organizational design to align with business strategy.
- Work closely to optimize and expand culture, in collaboration with the founders and other members of the company.
- Accelerate the company’s people metrics, including growth, employee engagement, and retention to enable better accountability, predictability, and transparency across the organization.
You might be a strong fit if:
- You have materially contributed to building systems in a high-growth and high-quality technology company that’s successfully navigated the ~200-500 scaling curve.
- You have strong general business instincts, with especially deep insights on people and culture, and have an interest and ability to contribute outside of the People function.
- You are intellectually curious and bring strong structured problem-solving skills to ambiguous situations.
- You are comfortable working in a high autonomy environment.
- You have a high sense of urgency and a high bar for quality.
- You have high levels of urgency–you’re humble, hungry, people smart, adaptable, and you understand why.
Your application has been successfully submitted.