Associate Director, Resource Management
About the job
As an Associate Director of Resource Management, you will be responsible to create, optimize and oversee the complete end to end resource management process and system to ensure the model is operating efficiently and autonomously. This includes the development of a change management model within the areas of scope and resourcing. In a dynamically changing business environment, it is critical to look forward as well as get real-time insight into project resourcing requirements, risks, and solutions. The resource management function is expected to improve resource planning to avoid project delays, lost revenue, low productivity, higher costs, and increased employee turnover. You will need to quickly adapt to changing priorities and opportunities to ultimately accelerate business growth.
We strive to bring out the best in ourselves, our peers, and the work. We are looking for candidates that thrive in a fast paced, collaborative, and team minded environment. Bringing our core values of; Integrity, Curiosity, Diversity, Results, Speed/Empowerment, and Joy to life will be critical in your success. It is by exercising those values that we produce an environment that supports our people and our clients.
Candidate essential duties and responsibilities would include:
- Provide leadership, mentorship, guidance and set expectations to ensure Resource Management direct reports to successfully achieve department and Agency goals and objectives
- Leads the identification and development of a system and structure in the following areas that are appropriate to deliver the agreed-upon PMO goals and objectives:
- Resource requests/Project In-take
- Data report outs; burn, allocation risks, historical assignment grids
- Allocation heat mapping
- Scope of work vs Resourcing – real timeline of sight to impacts if there is a change
- Invent and simplify the views of resource assignments to enable department leads to play with and visualize their own resources for casting
- Ensure resource data is complete, current, and accessible
- Prepare reports, analyze the data, and communicate consistently, concisely, and constantly
- Track all types of work: project work, non-project work, vacation, gigs etc.
- Confidentiality and discretion = must
- Trusted advisor and important connectivity to C-level and Client Operations Group
- Key interactions and partnerships with each department leader to ensure casting and specialization remain a priority
- Familiar with all client contracts and financial models
- Department agnostic; must remain neutral to all parties
- Analytics background
- Recommend, create, define, and implement process improvements for the Resource Management function
- Maintain constant knowledge of current and upcoming projects and business development activities
Skills and Abilities:
- Superior intellectual and quantitative analysis abilities.
- Strong quantitative and qualitative skills with proven data interpretation abilities.
- Good problem-solving skills and the ability to work across functional areas.
- Excellent communication skills, attention to detail, attentive and knowledgeable about end-to-end project process and resource requirements
- Must have strong knowledge of Excel, PowerPoint, and Word
- Experience in writing and presenting recommendations to client and internal stakeholders.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to prepare clear and concise client-ready documents
Success for this position is measured by the following responsibilities:
- Actively pursues, builds and nurtures trusted relationships
- Looks for ways to improve and promote communication
- Breaks down silos and respects transparency
- Actively and effectively listens.
- Helps in reducing project resourcing cost
- Improves effective resource utilization
- Optimizes project workforce to beat market volatility
- Synthesizes complex or diverse information
- Collects and researches data
- Uses intuition and experience to complement data
- Creates visibility of resource capacity, competency, and availability for all stakeholders
- Gathers and analyzes information skillfully
- Develops alternative solution
- Provides honest and clear solutions that align to the business objectives
- Address urgent issues fast and effectively
- Pursues training and development opportunities
- Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills
- Shares expertise with others
- Regularly share information and status with manager.
- Remain current in industry topics; seek constant learning and improvement.
- Able to work extended hours, including weekends and holidays, as needed.
- College degree preferred.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Your application has been successfully submitted.