Employee Engagement Mgr (Remote Option) - 90336344
About the job
As a current employee you know Amtrak connects businesses and communities across the country and we move America’s workforce toward the future. The safety of our passengers, our more than 20,000 colleagues, the public and our operating environment is our priority and the success of our railroad is the result of you.
By living the Amtrak values and actively embracing and fostering diverse ideas, backgrounds and perspectives, together we will honor our past and make Amtrak a company of the future.
- This position has an option to be remotely based or hybrid
Summary Of Duties
The Employee Engagement Manger will be responsible for initiatives and experiences that help employees connect to Amtrak’s mission and values while developing a positive culture where employees feel valued and appreciated and are encouraged to continuously improve. This hybrid role will have a defined work location that includes work from home and assigned office days as set by the manager.
- Design and implement a full employee communication and engagement strategy that cultivates a positive, open and innovative culture.
- Develop strategy to gather and report on the Voice of the Employee (VoE). The EE Manager will identify key deficiencies in the employee experience, crafting and executing creative and measurable action plans for improvement that inspire and motivate employees across roles and departments.
- Implements, conducts, facilitates, and/or analyzes results of employee morale and retention initiatives such as incentive programs, stay interviews, career development meetings, employee surveys, and exit interviews
- Deliver insight by utilizing data from pulse surveys, employee focus groups and other experience data to provide meaningful insights and trends to leadership.
- Establish action planning methodologies and programs that address gaps in the employee experience; partner with leaders at all levels of the organization to track, deliver, and report on results.
- Create and design regular employee engagement strategies and communications that help to connect employees to Amtrak and forge an emotional, intellectual, social bond with the company.
- Establish standardized event procedures, track event KPIs and identify areas of opportunity for future events.
- Manages and executes projects, budgets and proposals, timelines and creative design to increase employee engagement and to improve and sustain employee culture across multiple audiences
- Maintains knowledge of trends, developments, and best practices in employee retention, morale, recognition, productivity, and incentives.
- Drive and promote culture initiatives, volunteerism, engagement, and recognition including ideation, leadership alignment, communications, and execution.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Employee Engagement, Human Resources, Communications Studies, Journalism, Marketing, required OR equivalent combination of training, education and relevant experience may be considered in lieu of a degree.
- 7 years of relevant experience required
- Proven experience in internal communications and/or workforce engagement
- Ability to identify and articulate key business drivers and ROI of employee engagement
- Experience in facilitating two-way communication with multiple audiences, including creating forums, focus groups and frequent feedback loops.
- Proven experience delivering meaningful employee experiences through effective communications and internally facing events or initiatives
- Demonstrated written/verbal communication skills including solid facilitation and presentation skills
- Must possess the ability to create content that requires little or no editing for appropriate internal and external audiences
- Critical thinker with problem solving acumen
- Ability to handle tasks independently in partnership with multiple functions
- Champions inclusion by seeking diverse perspectives and encouraging innovative ideas through collaborative teamwork
- Job Knowledge and Technical Expertise
- Strategic Thinking, Project Management Problem Solving, Attention to detail
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite required
- Strong editing skills, Self-motivated, proactive, committed to continuous improvement
- Strong analytical skills, Solid time management and organizational skills
- Ability to maintain/manage confidential information
- Masters or Certification in Employee Engagement
- 9+ years of relevant experience preferred
- Experience with agreement workforce
- Utilization of social media to drive positive employee engagement
- Ability working in a fast-paced environment with frequently changing priorities
Communications And Interpersonal Skills
- Must have excellent oral and written communication skills.
Job Family/Function:Human Capital
Travel Requirements:Up to 25%
Recruiter Name: Jeries Hijazin
Recruiter Email: Jeries.Hijazin@amtrak.com
You power our progress through your performance.
We want your work at Amtrak to be more than a job – we want it to be a fulfilling experience where you find challenging and rewarding opportunities, respect among colleagues, competitive pay, benefits that protect you and your family and a high performance culture that recognizes and values your contributions and helps you reach your career goals.
All positions require pre-employment background check verification, a pre-employment drug screen and proof of full vaccination against COVID -19. Amtrak is committed to a safe workplace free of drugs and alcohol and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing. Marijuana, notwithstanding any statute, ordinance, regulation, or other law that legalizes or decriminalizes the use or possession of marijuana, whether for medical, recreational, or other use. Candidates who engage in the usage of marijuana will not be qualified for hire. Successful applicants for employment with Amtrak must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by the date of hire as a condition of employment, subject to requests for accommodation. Fully vaccinated means 14 days have elapsed since receiving the second dose of the Pfizer or Moderna vaccine or 14 days since receiving the Johnson & Johnson vaccine.
In accordance with DOT regulations (49 CFR
- 40.25), Amtrak is required to obtain prior drug and alcohol testing records for applicants/employees intending to perform safety-sensitive duties for covered Department of Transportation positions. If an applicant/employee refuses to provide written consent for Amtrak to obtain these records, the individual will not be permitted to perform safety-sensitive functions.
Note that any education requirement listed above may be deemed satisfied if you have an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
Amtrak is an EOE/Affirmative Action Minority/Female employer, and we welcome all to apply. We consider candidates regardless of race/color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth and related conditions), national origin/ethnicity, age, disability (intellectual, mental and physical), veteran status, marital status, ancestry, sexual orientation, gender identity and gender expression, genetic information, citizenship or any other personal characteristics protected by law.
Your application has been successfully submitted.