About the job
Join Motion Talent Services as a Talent Advisor and become both an internal and external consultant on technology talent. The Talent Services team is dedicated to candidate advocacy in the technology market and is specialized in cities across North America.
Talent Advisors are skilled experts in recruiting and representing talent, advising business partners on technical skills, strategies, and best practices, and candidates on market insights, opportunities, and career advancement. As a Talent Advisor, you will build and maintain talent pools, offering candidates exposure to opportunities with everything from cutting-edge startups to Fortune 500 companies. You will be tasked with matching people with people, not simply resumes with job descriptions.
What are the qualifications to apply? To be successful as a Talent Advisor, you need to:
- Communicate confidently in person, over the phone, and in writing, with the ability to enthusiastically engage in conversation and build relationships with a variety of people
- Possess strong problem-solving skills and present solutions when confronted with obstacles, developing new ideas and strategy through the analysis of data
- Background in a fast paced, multi-tasking environment or experience with research, lead generation, technology, or content creation
- Collaborate and produce efficiently in a team environment, adhering to a strong work ethic
- Desire to learn about the technology and recruiting industries
What will I be doing as a Talent Advisor in Motion’s Talent Services department?
- Conduct research on candidate skill sets and demographics to identify leads using Boolean logic, building talent pools of both active and passive candidates.
- Compile candidate data, competitive intelligence, hiring trends, and market insight to assist in the recruiting process.
- Utilize traditional and non-traditional candidate sources such as: job boards, internal databases, search engines, social media, web mining, meetups, and more, to build a live network of candidates.
- Create content to engage candidates through email, advertising, and phone outreach to establish relationships and build your network.
- Collaborate with team members to create innovative sourcing methods and develop recruitment strategies, serving as a subject matter expert on candidates in your technology specialty.
- Sell potential candidates on our services, and developing and maintaining relationships as their representative in their career.
Why should I choose a career as a Talent Advisor at Motion?
Training…Extensive sourcing and leadership training to provide you with the aptitude to excel in your career
Teamwork…Opportunity to collaborate and learn from team members across North America
Support…Ongoing one-on-one support and mentorship in all aspects of your role and development
Exposure…Insight into sourcing and technology industry standards, trends, and best practices
Opportunity… A focus on personal attention and empowerment with ongoing coaching, robust leadership development programs, and a wide range of internal mobility options
Benefits… Attractive and competitive benefit package including health, vision, dental, PTO, volunteer and activism time off, paid parental leave (and even “pawternity” leave), 401k/RRSP, wellness reimbursement, and more!
Motion Recruitment Partners is an Equal Opportunity Employer, including EOE Protected Veterans/Disability/Women. All applicants must be currently authorized to work on a full-time basis in the country for which they are applying, and no sponsorship is currently available. Employment is subject to the successful completion of a pre-employment background screening. Accommodation will be provided in all parts of the hiring process as required under Motion Recruitment Employment Accommodation policy. Applicants need to make their needs known in advance.
Your application has been successfully submitted.