About the job
The Director of People is responsible for the administration and management of the firm’s Human Resources function. This role encompasses all aspects of HR, including (i) ensuring that the people strategy supports the firm’s mission and objectives, (ii) establishing programs to advance the firm’s culture and employee engagement, and (iii) handling day-to-day administrative responsibilities. This role will report to the COO/Partner of the firm and be an integral member of the leadership team.
Why This Role Is Special
- Telemus’ culture is forward-thinking, nimble and collaborative.
- You will be a valued member of the leadership team and a strategic partner to the owners.
- You will lead the HR function being a one-person team and will make a lasting impact on the firm’s performance.
- Telemus offers competitive pay and a comprehensive benefit program including employer H.S.A contributions, 401(k) match, STD, LTD and LTC, access to professional coaches for personal and professional growth, flexible work arrangements, company bonus and much more.
What You’ll Do
- Administer human resource programs including, but not limited to, performance and talent management, training and development, compensation, benefits, payroll, recruiting, policy administration and employee relations.
- Partner with firm leadership to provide HR insight and support on business initiatives and operational plans.
- Coach and support managers through workforce planning, performance management and learning and development opportunities.
- Gather and analyze talent insights to continuously strengthen HR offerings and drive attraction, motivation, development, and retention of team members.
- Monitor and ensure the firm’s compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations.
- Lead change management efforts to ensure adoption of new processes.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business or related and/or equivalent work experience
- 8+ yrs. of progressive leadership experience in Human Resources. Ideally in a HR Generalist role with experience across multiple HR disciplines
- Strong working knowledge of federal and state laws and regulations as they relate to Human Resources
- Skilled communicator with the ability to influence and drive action
- Comfort as a “hands-on” manager who is willing to roll up your sleeves to get things done
- Strong problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Ability to act as a coach and confidant
- Comfort with navigating ambiguity
Your application has been successfully submitted.