Senior Partner Relations Associate (Remote)
About the job
Now Brewing - senior partner relations associate! #tobeapartner
From the beginning, Starbucks set out to be a different kind of company. One that not only celebrated coffee and the rich tradition, but that also brought a feeling of connection. We are known for developing extraordinary leaders who share this passion and are guided by their service to others. Partner Relations is a Center of Excellence (COE) focused on employee relations. The team supports leaders and partners (employees) in bringing the partner experience to life every day within Starbucks.
The senior partner relations associate (SPRA) contributes to Starbucks success by consulting on employee relations in support of retail store managers in the U.S. and Canada as they navigate partner questions and concerns, and by operating as a balanced advocate on behalf of partners and managers. The SPRA consults on employee relations matters, including performance management, to ensure that Starbucks partners’ questions and concerns are addressed in a fair and consistent manner. In this capacity, the SPRA also provides consulting and interpretation of Starbucks policies and procedures.
As a Senior Partner Relations Associate, You Will
- Influence - provide consultation and support to retail leaders on performance management, employee relations issues and applicable company policies and employment laws, in accordance with Starbucks Mission and Values.
- Serve as an advocate - solicit and listen to partners’ ideas, questions and concerns. Take an active role in resolving roadblocks or investigating workplace concerns within the context of a growth mindset. Provide information and facilitate partners' ability to obtain information about Partner Resources programs.
- Collaborate - close collaboration with peers, partner resource managers and other Partner Resources COE specialists for guidance and to ensure consistent and equitable application of Starbucks policies, procedures, standards. Participates in team calibration discussions to ensure that consistent advice is provided.
- Manage assigned workload of cases; ensuring that cases are prioritized, responded to and handled according to Standard Operating Procedures. Prepare detailed case documentation and related communications; ensuring clarity, accuracy and the appropriate level of detail.
- Support - participate in projects to improve the partner experience and/or drive efficiency. May lead one or more work streams of a related project.
We’d Love To Hear From People With
- B.A. or B.S. in Business, Psychology, Education, Communication, or related field. Closely-related human resources work experience or training may substitute for advanced education on a year-for-year basis.
- 4 years of Human Resources generalist or related operations leadership experience with an emphasis on employee relations, including coaching/performance management, consultation and performance development.
- 1 year of consulting with internal clients to identify business needs and recommend solutions.
- Knowledge of the principles and practices of human resources management.
- Knowledge of local, federal, and state employment laws and regulations.
- Ability to apply consultative skills in a business environment.
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
- Ability to prioritize multiple demands effectively based on business needs.
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and changing environment
- Ability to adapt and operate as an optimistic change agent.
- Proven ability to quickly establish effective working relationships, including by phone or electronic communications rather than face-to-face contact.
- Ability to learn company operations, policies and procedures.
Things To Know About This Role
- This role is home office-based in any city in the U.S. or Canada.
- If home office-based, partner must have reliable, stable internet service.
- This role is a grade 23 and is eligible for an annual bonus (LBP) dependent on company performance.
- If you are internal to Starbucks, be sure to notify your leader and Partner Resources generalist that you will be applying for this position.
Starbucks and its brands are an equal opportunity employer of all qualified individuals.
We are committed to creating a diverse and welcoming workplace that includes partners with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We believe that enables us to better meet our mission and values while serving customers throughout our global communities. People of color, women, LGBTQIA+, veterans and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with all federal state and local ordinances. Starbucks Corporation is committed to offering reasonable accommodations to job applicants with disabilities. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please contact us at 206-318-0660 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Your application has been successfully submitted.