Learning and Development Onboarding Event Specialist
This job is no longer accepting applications.
About the job
Our Customer’s mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through their family of apps and services, they are building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together.
We are seeking a Learning and Development Onboarding Event Specialist on a contract basis to help support our Customer’s business needs. The L&D Onboarding Event Specialist's role is to oversee the planning and logistics of onboarding programs and platforms and to facilitate participation in L&D Onboarding events. The ideal candidate will be a detail-oriented, get-things-done professional who can operationalize processes, work well under pressure, and has a history of providing exceptional customer service. They will exhibit great communication, teamwork, motivation, and an upbeat attitude. This person will be highly organized, productive, poised, able to thrive in high-pressure, time-sensitive scenarios, and able to adapt to rapidly changing requirements.
What You’ll Do
- Lead and manage all day-to-day operations for Onboarding Orientation and other onboarding programs.
- Oversee our team of coordinators executing our Onboarding Orientation program operations.
- Manage and escalate risks and issues and collaborate with cross-functional partners on resolution.
- Develop and ensure standard operating procedures are in place for programs supported by the team globally.
- Work with remote staff effectively and drive consistency of global processes.
- Partner with the L&D Onboarding team, as well as other key client partner and vendor teams to deliver on operational strategy and annual plans.
- Establish standardized program reporting to deliver insights to our Onboarding Orientation program managers.
- Make recommendations on program changes and conduct cost/benefit analysis of potential operational improvements.
- Manage communications and inquiries from managers, leaders, new hires, and interns on onboarding communication channels.
- Attend and manage any day of escalations or backup support for Onboarding Orientation.
- Project manage side projects to help support onboarding growth.
- 5+ years of experience in L&D, HR Operations, Business Administration, Marketing, or Communications.
- Customer service, communication, and cross-group collaboration experience.
- Project management and process improvement experience.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong time management, attention to detail, and the ability to multi-task across concurrent projects are essential.
- Comfortable with public speaking and in a large event atmosphere.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team in a fast-paced environment.
- Skills with project management.
- Skills with Microsoft and GSuite products.
- Event coordination experience.
- Data analysis experience.
- Salesforce, Workday, and LMS experience.
- Bachelor’s degree is preferred.
- Project Management (PMP/PMI) certification.
Hours & Location:
- M-F, 40 hours/week. This role will be remote while COVID restrictions are in place. The expectation is to be on-site at our customer’s Menlo Park, CA office once it is determined safe to do so.
All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be legally authorized to work in the United States and are required to have US residency at the time of application.
Perks are available through our 3rd Party Employer of Record (Available upon completion of waiting period for eligible engagements)
- Health Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k, FSA, Commuter Benefit Program
- Accrued PTO: Up to 15 days per 12 months on assignment
- New Child Benefit: Up to $4,000 for the birth or adoption of a child while on assignment (conditions apply)
Please note: In order to create a safe, productive work environment, our client is requiring all contractors to be fully vaccinated according to the CDC guidelines (please inform your employer if you need a medical or religious exemption). Prior to onboarding, contractors will be required to attest that they are fully vaccinated. Boosters are required to be received by March 28, 2022, or six months after receiving the final dose of the original vaccination series, whichever is later. The expected Return to Office date is July 2022
Your application has been successfully submitted.