Payroll and HRIS Specialist
Diversity Equity and Inclusion is a priority for JuiceLand. Our goal is to employ a diverse group of people to ensure that a wide spectrum of ideas, backgrounds and skill sets influence our strategic initiatives and lead to innovation, enthusiasm and inclusivity to further our mission.
The Payroll and HRIS Specialist is responsible for the administration of bi-weekly payroll and supporting and maintaining the HRIS system. This position is a very hands-on position that must be willing to wear many hats. The Payroll and HRIS Specialist is also responsible for reporting and managing all insurance claims, administering some accounting-related policies and ensuring compliance with all applicable federal, and state wage and hour laws. Must be meticulous, disciplined, and have strong attention to detail.
Essential Job Requirements:
- Experience with payroll systems and related software is mandatory. (Prefer: Paycom, Toast, Netsuite, Google Suites)
- Strong understanding of federal, and state wage and hour laws
- Multi unit payroll experience
- Ability to conduct thorough and comprehensive research
- Ability to follow detailed and complex instructions
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Ability to maintain ethical business standards and a high level of confidentiality
- Must be proficient in excel
- Strong verbal communication, written communication, listening, records keeping, and information management skills
- Willingness to learn and take on new challenges is a must.
- Experience working in or knowledge of human resources is a plus.
- Retail/restaurant experience preferred
Responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Ensures accurate and timely bi-weekly payroll processing
- Performs payroll-related functions including but not limited to termination status changes, tax changes, wage garnishments, PTO allotments and accruals, employment status changes, and deductions.
- Reviews and verifies payroll data in a timely manner, calculates overtime and other pay premiums, and enters payroll data according to corresponding federal and state laws.
- Prepares manual checks as necessary.
- Work with management to verify timesheets for employees including overtime calculations.
- Oversees maintenance of payroll records and files including but not limited to sick time and vacation and other accrued leave, insurance benefits, and 401k administration.
- Responds to routine inquiries concerning payroll deductions and accruals, wage garnishments, child support payments, and employment verifications.
- Reconciles all payroll and benefits -related accounts and activities.
- Assists with the development and implementation of payroll practices, policies, and procedures.
- Manages the process to file property, vehicle and liability insurance claims and updates COIs as needed.
- Helps with payroll, HR and accounting related reporting.
- Review & resolve tax notices received from various federal and state agencies.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
This is a part-time position working up to 20 hours per week with the opportunity for growth. This job operates in a professional office environment with the option to work remotely. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as laptop computers, printer/copiers, and smartphones/tablets.
Your application has been successfully submitted.