Part-Time HR Manager (80% Remote)
This job is no longer accepting applications.
About the job
The Mom Project is excited to partner with our client, an innovative architecture firm, located in Chicago, IL!
They are seeking a Part-Time Human Resources Manager that will play an integral role in helping to create a great workplace experience. The role is responsible for leading and implementing human resources initiatives, supporting business objectives, and driving a diverse range of strategic HR efforts, including recruitment, talent assessment, learning and development, performance management, manager development, employee engagement, and growth.
- Partner with leadership to understand business needs/objectives and ensure HR is focused on the top strategic priorities
- Lead and manage all HR efforts establishing clear objectives, prioritizing initiatives, executing project deliverables, and tracking and measuring success
- Ensure that policies, systems, and practices are compliant and mitigate legal risk, enforcing adherence to requirements and advising management on needed actions.
- Help build a culture that allows all members to fully contribute ideas, support each other, and provide inspiration as a community
- Identify management practices that help build on and maintain a strong leadership team
- Implement company culture, values, and policies
- Ensure they attract, hire, and retain great people
- Coordinate Hiring Process, including - job postings, resume screens, interview scheduling
- Manage Employee Onboarding and Off-boarding Process
- Ensure Benefits and Compensation are competitive and administer all programs
- Develop programs to acknowledge and reward desired behaviors
- Implement and support effective performance management and training/development initiatives
- Foster open communication channels throughout the organization
- Oversee data entry and maintenance of employee records
- Stay current in HR trends and best practices
- Monitor CDC and implement COVID-19 Safety Protocols
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent with a focus in HR
- 5+ years of practical experience in an HR role in a fast-paced, innovative workplace
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to prioritize and multitask
- Common sense and sensitivity around counseling employees and managers
- Experience in compensation and benefit strategy/planning, recruiting and onboarding, standards and policy development, process improvement, building strong teams and peer relationships, and employee retention strategies
- Experience with Applicant Tracking Systems and HRIS software
- A high degree of proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint
Our client is a collective of design professionals with a common vision and a passion for architecture, planning and design. The growing team is firmly dedicated to its clients, for projects both large and small. They enjoy successful working relationships with all of our clients and are determined to establish the company as one of the premier architectural firms in Chicago.
They believe that good architecture evolves through humble, team-based efforts. The office thrives in an open and collaborative atmosphere, which favors cohesiveness between team members and, as a result, directly benefits our projects and clients.
This is a Part-time position which should average 16-20 hours per week.
Your application has been successfully submitted.