Manager, Employment Investigations
This job is no longer accepting applications.
About the job
As a Manager of Employment Investigations at Meta, you will lead a team of 3-6 investigators responsible for any employee matter that may be a potential violation of law or company policy. The responsibility of a Lead Employment Investigator is to conduct a prompt, thorough, and fair investigation consisting of background research, investigative interviews, and debrief meetings in partnership with Employment Law, HR and Employee Relations Business Partners, and the business. Success in this role will require working effectively across geographical and cultural boundaries and discerning systemic issues revealed during the investigative process. Our Employment Investigators demonstrate a high degree of empathy balanced against an ability to provide direct feedback and confront witnesses with difficult information. You must be able to articulate issues to the business in the form of findings and conclusions so that long-term solutions can be developed and applied. As a Lead Employment Investigator at Meta, you will also have the opportunity to deliver compliance education programs and training designed proactively to address workplace issues.
Manager, Employment Investigations Responsibilities:
- Manage a team of investigators conducting complex end-to-end workplace investigations and set clear expectations and goals for investigators
- Communicate strategic information and context from the company and organization to the team
- Build a culture where differences are appreciated, and everyone feels valued
- Show care by understanding what matters most to people and recognize people for their contributions
- Give and seek timely feedback and asks the same of the team
- Manage complex investigations end-to-end, including conducting intake meetings, background research, investigative interviews and debrief meetings
- Investigate complaints involving violations of law or policy, including allegations of discrimination, harassment, retaliation, bullying, privacy concerns, conflict of interest, integrity, failure to escalate and other inappropriate behavior
- Partner cross-functionally with Employment Law, HR and Employee Relations Business Partners, Security, Internal Audit, and the businesses to conduct a prompt, thorough, and fair investigations
- Remain respectful and empathetic in the face of difficult and uncomfortable situations surrounding an investigation
- 8+ years of experience investigating and advising on employment-related matters
- Experience conducting investigations that will withstand legal scrutiny in multiple jurisdictions
- Experience documenting investigations findings and recommendations
- Experience presenting findings and recommendations to leadership or those with dissenting opinions
- People management experience
- J.D. degree (or foreign equivalent)
- Experience, either in conducting and/or managing investigations or in practicing labor and employment law
- Formal training and/or Certification in Investigations
- Facilitation and training experience
- Experience in conducting mediations
- Project management experience both at a strategic and tactical level
- Experience working independently utilizing judgment
- Experience identifying relevant legal issues
- Relationship management experience in a cross-functional environment across global teams
Facebook is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your application has been successfully submitted.