DEI & Culture Program Consultant
This job is no longer accepting applications.
About the job
At MFS, you will find a culture that supports you in doing what you do best. Our employees work together to reach better outcomes, favoring the strongest idea over the strongest individual. We put people first and demonstrate care and compassion for our community and each other. Because what we do matters - to us as valued professionals and to the millions of people and institutions who rely on us to help them build more secure and prosperous futures.
What you will be responsible for: This is an exciting opportunity to be part of growing the Office of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion at MFS. The DEI & Culture Program Manager will report to the new Chief Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Officer building the team and strategy. The successful candidate will serve as a primary thought partner in determining priorities in collaboration with the Chief DEI Officer. Additionally, the Program Manager will act as a central point of contact for urgent business issues, initiatives spearheaded by the CDEIO and for addressing information requests. The Program Manager will play a critical role in streamlining and prioritizing initiatives across the team, ensuring that we remain focused on the areas that are most critical and most impactful to the business. This role will also play a critical role as a utility player supporting the work across the portfolio of process integration, relationship management, partnerships, events, marketing and communications.
- Act as a central point of contact for urgent business issues, initiatives spearheaded by the Chief DEI Officer and for addressing information requests.
- Provide strategic support on a range of complex issues and projects.
- Prepare materials and documentation on behalf of the Chief DEI Officer, as required
- Lead distinct elements of key projects on behalf of the Office of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
- Partner with Business Leaders, HRBPs, HR CoE team members, external contacts and other relevant stakeholders to ensure alignment
- Manage the overall departmental budgeting and forecasting process
- Provide end to end project and program management for D&I initiatives and manage ad hoc special projects
- Develop a program of intentional culture management - amplifying aspects of culture that strengthen MFS success and address aspects that require attention
- Design and promote programs to enhance the employee experience. Guide and influence senior leadership to drive significant cultural change and maximize employee engagement.
- Develop and lead execution of a comprehensive employee listening strategy. Utilize a hands-on approach to monitor the pulse of employees to ensure a high level of engagement. Conduct focus groups and compile results to determine areas of improvement for employee engagement.
- Implement engagement initiatives by working with groups across the organization.
- Support the development of employee engagement strategies, with attention to leading in a hybrid workforce
- Partner with the communications team to enhance our internal and external voice on Culture & DEI to drive improvement
- Track all work happening across the team in order to measure progress against team goals and report on quarterly objective and key results
- Provide leadership insights with analytics by establishing a DEI reporting strategy and defining measurement standards, analyzing a wide variety of data using diversity and inclusion tools and methodologies, identifying trends and patterns in data, developing and communicating insights & recommending solutions to senior executives
- Leverage data insights to uncover patterns and trends throughout MFS and identify opportunities to elevate practices, determine best practices, influence buy-in and drive adoption of systemic, organization-wide interventions that embed inclusive practices
- Have a bachelor's degree or higher in Business Administration, Human Resources Management, Organizational Psychology, Marketing, Communications or equivalent
- 5 or more years relevant experience in Culture, DEI, HR, Employee Engagement or Marketing
- Be intellectually curious and learn quickly, work effectively with little direction and take the lead in situations where appropriate
- Demonstrated ability to effectively manage high-volume workload and complex priorities
- Action oriented, superior attention to detail, strong organizational skills
- Must be able to navigate the gray, and thrives in ambiguity and change
- Proven ability to influence without authority, build consensus and lead strategic priorities through to results
- Demonstrated strong analytical skills, ability to accurately organize and track complex quantitative data to uncover trends and develop recommendations
- Demonstrated cultural competency, knowledge and understanding of D&I principles
- Proven ability to think strategically and work across multiple territories, entities and lines of business
- Demonstrated solid business acumen, analytical and critical thinking skills and sound judgment
- Excellent communication (oral and written), analytical, customer service, problem solving and presentation skills
- Strong sense of humor and desire to have fun!
What We Offer
- Generous time-off provided: including "Responsible time off" for many roles, paid company holidays when the US Stock Exchange is closed, plus paid volunteer time
- Family Focus: Up to 20 weeks of paid leave for new parents, back-up care program, dependent care flexible spending account, adoption assistance, generous caregiver leave
- Health and Welfare: Competitive medical, vision and dental plans, plus tax-free health savings accounts with company contributions
- Wellness Programs: Robust wellness webinars, employee assistance program, gym reimbursement through our medical plans, fitness center discounts and more
- Life & Disability Benefits: Company-paid basic life insurance and short-term disability
- Financial Benefits: 401(k) savings plan, Defined Contribution plan- 15% of base salary invested into the Plan, competitive total compensation programs
During the Covid pandemic, MFS Employees are currently working from home. When safe to do so and in accordance to local government guidelines, MFS will be a hybrid work environment (remote/onsite) unless otherwise stated in the job posting .
This position will require individuals to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as part of their job responsibilities, unless MFS approves an exemption as an accommodation due to a medical condition or sincerely held religious belief. Submission of an exemption request does not guarantee that an exemption will be approved or that the request can be accommodated.
If any applicant is unable to complete an application or respond to a job opening because of a disability, please contact MFS at 617-954-5000 or email email@example.com for assistance.
MFS is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and it is our policy to not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state or local laws. Employees and applicants of MFS will not be subject to harassment on the basis of their status. Additionally, retaliation, including intimidation, threats, or coercion, because an employee or applicant has objected to discrimination, engaged or may engage in filing a complaint, assisted in a review, investigation, or hearing or have otherwise sought to obtain their legal rights under any Federal, State, or local EEO law is prohibited. Please see the EEO is the Law document and Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision , linked for your reference.
Your application has been successfully submitted.