HR Specialist, Talent Management
This job is no longer accepting applications.
About the job
Do you want to build a career that is truly worthwhile? Working at the World Bank Group provides a unique opportunity for you to help our clients solve their greatest development challenges. The World Bank Group is one of the largest sources of funding and knowledge for developing countries; a unique global partnership of five institutions dedicated to ending extreme poverty, increasing shared prosperity and promoting sustainable development. With 189 member countries and more than 120 offices worldwide, we work with public and private sector partners, investing in groundbreaking projects and using data, research, and technology to develop solutions to the most urgent global challenges. For more information, visit www.worldbank.org
The Career Development, Performance and Talent mobility unit is responsible for providing integrated frameworks for performance management, conducting talent reviews, creating listening mechanisms to capture employee experience, mobilizing staff to required roles, enabling succession management to identify, develop and deploy leaders and providing career resources and advice to clarify roles and expectations at each level.
The work program requires in-depth expertise in the areas of talent development, performance management, engagement surveys, career development, as well as strong client relationship management and teamwork.
The position is based in Washington, DC and reports to the Manager, Career Development and Talent Mobility in the HRD Vice Presidency.
Duties & Accountabilities
• Contribute and support in the transformation, re-design and implementation of innovative and evidence-based talent development programs: Career Development, Performance Management, Promotions, Engagement Surveys to support the World Bank’s strategic priorities
• Monitor and assess the effectiveness of programs implemented through trend analysis of program outcomes, interviews with management and staff, etc.
• Build relationships and engage with key internal and external stakeholders to better understand client needs; understand the linkages with other HR functional areas and collaborate with colleagues across the Human Resources Department; liaise with other International Finance Institutions; prepare and deliver high quality communication materials for a variety of audiences.
• Prepare and deliver high quality communication materials for staff and managers across all levels of the World Bank (Headquarters and country offices)
• Collaborate with HR Client Services colleagues (Business Partners) in the design and implementation of tailored solutions
• Conduct focus groups, engagements and interviews with various levels of stakeholders to gather input for program design and enhancements
• Liaise with relevant consultants and vendors on various programs
• Participate in special projects and performs other duties as assigned
• Master’s degree in HR or related field with at least 5 years of relevant work experience.
• Strong understanding of relevant core HR areas and sound talent development experience.
• Strong change management experience and ability to build relationships, conduct focus groups and collaborate effectively across diverse client groups and the Human Resources Department colleagues.
• Excellent analytical skills; ability to provide reports, analyze data, draw conclusions and provide data-driven recommendations.
• Experience design Career and Talent Management programs and products is desired.
• Superb project management, planning, coordination and organizational skills.
• Excellent and concise communicator, written, verbal and presentation skills.
• Positive attitude, strong results orientation and high degree of initiative and responsiveness.
• Proven ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment.
• Ability to multitask, meet tight deadlines, and attend to details while staying focused on key priorities
• Ability to confidently interact with senior management as well as create trusting working relationships and partnerships at all levels of the organization.
• Demonstrate the competencies
World Bank Group Core Competencies
The World Bank Group offers comprehensive benefits, including a retirement plan; medical, life and disability insurance; and paid leave, including parental leave, as well as reasonable accommodations for individuals with disabilities.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity and inclusive employer with a dedicated and committed workforce, and do not discriminate based on gender, gender identity, religion, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, or disability.
Note: If the selected candidate is a current World Bank Group Staff Member with a Regular or Open-Ended appointment, s/he will retain his/her Regular or Open-Ended appointment. If the selected candidate is a current World Bank Group Staff Member with a Term appointment that expires later than the end date of this appointment, s/he will retain the duration of his/her current Term appointment.
Your application has been successfully submitted.