SBP AmeriCorps Recruitment Partner
This job is no longer accepting applications.
About the job
SBP, a social impact organization focused on disaster resilience and recovery, solves the challenges facing at-risk communities and scales impact with a proven model that brings the rigor of business and innovation to reduce risk, create resilient communities and streamline recovery. By taking this holistic approach, SBP shrinks the time between disaster and recovery.
SBP does this in three connected waysprepare, shape and build
1. SBP prepares individuals, communities and organizations to mitigate risk and speed recovery.
2. SBP shapes federal policy and system change and state and local disaster recovery programs to be more efficient and effective.
3. SBP builds resilient communities efficiently and effectively and shares our proven model and approach with others.
SBP's AmeriCorps Recruitment Partner achieves organizational AmeriCorps hiring goals by developing and executing creative and successful recruitment strategies. This team member works with operating site staff to develop robust AmeriCorps staffing plans, build deep external relationships with colleges and other candidate sources, and continuously improves SBP's AmeriCorps recruitment department.
The AmeriCorps Recruitment Partner will work closely with Executive Directors, hiring managers, and AmeriCorps Program Managers to ensure that all aspects of sourcing, recruitment, hiring, and the AmeriCorps onboarding process are optimized and best-in-class.
- Develops and implements creative and optimized recruitment strategies to meet SBP's AmeriCorps recruitment goals per grant year with a focus on continuous improvements in building team diversity
- Responsible for achieving weekly and monthly targets associated with the organization's AmeriCorps member enrollment goals by recruiting quality candidates in an efficient and effective manner
- Works with operating site staff to build and maintain annual AmeriCorps staffing plans to meet organizational needs
- Designs and updates current and new recruiting procedures (applications, job descriptions, interview questions, etc.)
- Collaborates with the Marketing and Communications department to ensure recruitment materials are best-in-class, always up to date, and frequently implemented
- Manages, grows, and develops new and existing partnerships with national establishments, community agencies, employment services, high schools, trade, and technical school as well as other national and local agencies to generate referrals
- Tracks and reports recruitment data and trends to internal stakeholders (time-to-hire, EEO, conversion rate, etc.)
- Ensures that job descriptions are up-to-date, highly marketable, and accurately reflect the role.
- Implements new sourcing methods (social recruiting and Boolean searches)
- Recommends ways to improve the SBP brand from an AmeriCorps recruitment perspective
- Participates in job fairs and career events
- Ensures that all applicant information flows through the Applicant Tracking System
- Serves as a resource for team members on all recruiting and hiring processes providing training and support on recruitment initiatives, systems, and interviews
- Supervises the AmeriCorps Recruitment Specialist
- Minimum 3 years of experience in sourcing and talent acquisition
- AmeriCorps experience highly desired
- Experience in creating strategic recruitment plans for an organization
- Hands-on experience with Applicant Tracking Systems and HR databases
- Experience with phone, virtual, and in-person interviews, candidate screening, and evaluation
- Familiarity with social media and other professional networks as a tool for recruiting
- Excellent verbal and written communication and team management skills
- Strong decision-making skills
- Bachelor's Degree in Human Resources or related field
- Must be able to pass FBI, state, and sex offender background checks
- Must be vaccinated against COVID-19 per CDC guidelines and able to provide proof of vaccination
- Able to juggle multiple, competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Exceptionally self-motivated and curious
- High level of personal accountability
- Align work performance with SBP's core values
- Detail-oriented with strong troubleshooting, analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Superior work ethic and high energy level
- Demonstrate initiative and work as a team player
- Convey a professional and positive image and attitude regarding the organization and the not-for- profit sector
- Demonstrate commitment to continued professional growth and development
- Ability to understand and engage diverse audiences and new target markets
- Fosters a culture and environment that positions AmeriCorps members and staff for success and makes SBP a great place to serve and work
SBP is building a diverse and experienced staff. The organization encourages multiple perspectives and experiences, supports a multicultural environment, and strives to hire and retain a diverse workforce that reflects the populations we work with and the communities where we work. Our hiring and business practices appreciate the strengths offered through different backgrounds.
SBP is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer and is committed to providing access, equal opportunity and reasonable accommodation for individuals with disabilities in employment, its services, programs, and activities. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, gender, creed, national origin, physical or mental disability, marital status, veteran status, disabled veteran status, or status as a member of any other protected group or activity.
It is the policy of SBP not to discriminate against any individual, person, or group on the basis of disability and the intent of SBP to address any complaints that may arise pursuant to Section 504.
Your application has been successfully submitted.