Leave of Absence Specialist
This job is no longer accepting applications.
About the job
The Leave of Absence Specialist will join the Time Away Operations team in providing quality Leave of Absence (LOA) support and case management services to employees and key stakeholders. The individual in this role will have exceptional communication and organizational skills, superior attention to detail and the ability to prioritize is a must. The person in this role will partner closely with our Benefits, Accommodations, Legal, People Tools, Payroll, and HRBP teams. The ideal candidate will exhibit patience, an ability to maintain confidentiality, ability to prioritize and strong collaboration skills.
Leave of Absence Specialist Responsibilities:
- Provide day-to-day operational support on US and Canada Time Away processes, policies and procedures
- Represent Time Away Operations as a subject matter expert on all leave and time off programs, including but not limited to FMLA, ADA, State Leaves, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, Maternity Leave, Parental Leave, PTO and Sick Time Off
- Provide end-to-end case management and consultative support to employees and managers with Absence Management, Workers’ Compensation, and Employee Experience inquiries while ensuring a strong culture of connection and empathy
- Partners with key stakeholders (Legal, HR, Accommodations) on sensitive and complicated LOA matters while adhering to strict privacy and confidentiality requirements
- Facilitate and drive meetings with employees and internal/external stakeholders for issue resolution and follow-up
- Manage and escalate complex Time Away cases appropriately for guidance by using sound judgment, including but not limited to system processing issues, leave pay discrepancies, employee feedback and vendor escalations
- Ensures LOA vendors are managing leave of absence programs compliant with federal, state and company leave policies and procedures and manage issues towards resolution
- Experience building relationships and influencing others while working cross-functionally
- Provide detailed information or ad-hoc reports as requested by HR and/or Legal
- Maintain data in case tracking and HRIS systems with speed and accuracy
- Assist with processing a high volume of repetitive and transactional tasks, as needed
- 4+ years experience in leave benefits and/or HR operations with focus on benefits
- Experience recognizing legal risk associated with certain disability issues while prioritizing caseloads
- Communication skills and experience handling sensitive matters with tact and diplomacy
- Experience interacting with all levels of a professional organization
- Attention to detail and accuracy and experience maintaining confidentiality
- Experience exercising independent judgment and discretion while utilizing company policies and practices to determine the appropriate action
- Experience working with a case management system
- Analytical and problem-solving experience
- Experience using data to drive recommendations
- Process improvement experience
- Experience working independently with minimum supervision
- 4+ years of Human Resources, Leave of Absence and/or Case Management experience in the disability/worker’s compensation/FMLA counseling arena
- Knowledge of federal and state disability laws, specifically, ADA and FMLA
Facebook is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your application has been successfully submitted.