People Operations Partner
This job is no longer accepting applications.
About the job
We make Octopus Deploy.
We simplify complex software deployments so our customers can focus on what they do best and ship software on time without unwanted disruptions or surprises.
🐙350,000+ people use Octopus Deploy.
🐙600,000+ virtual machines run our Tentacle agent.
🐙150,000,000+ deployments to date.
🐙90% of support emails were answered in two hours or less.
🐙Over 25,000 companies use Octopus Deploy, including (curious? check our website)
Octopus Deploy is one of Australia’s fastest-growing software companies (and we’re taking on the world). After bootstrapping for a decade, in 2021, we quietly raised Australia's second-largest ever venture capital raise, accepting a USD 172M minority investment from Insight Partners.
We are a mission-driven People team. Our mission is to support Octopus’ growth by attracting the best talent and supporting them throughout their career trajectory with us.
We’re looking for someone on the East Coast of the USA to join our team and be responsible for various People related activities including HR, recruitment, data analysis and process improvement.
What’s the most important aspect of this role? You are a People person - that comes first. You enjoy building relationships across the business and understanding the needs of people at different stages of their careers: from interns to executives.
This is a remote role to work from your home on the East Coast of the US.
If this sounds like you, keep reading.
Who are we looking for?
- A seasoned HR professional with strong business improvement background
- Sound knowledge of US employment law and capable of developing policies, procedures, and guidelines that are compliant and yet practical
- Proven experience working as a business analyst, process improvement or change management capacity
- One of the main aspects of this role is to offer this level of expertise
- You are a problem solver, have a sense of urgency and initiative and can make good decisions on your own - our team is dispersed over the globe. The ability to work autonomously is a must-have
- Advanced knowledge in Google Workspace or MS suite to produce quality business reports, presentations and other documentation
- You are used to working remotely in a friendly, collaborative and effective manner
- You are able and willing to accommodate the requirements of working across different time zones - sometimes, you’ll need to work outside of business hours
- You are self-motivated and self-disciplined and can work from home effectively
What this role is about
- Be a part of the People Operations Team and responsible for a number of HR and talent acquisition activities including
- Being the focal point of contact for new employees from the time they sign their offer
- Responsible for all pre-onboarding activities (updating our systems, ordering background and reference checks, organising IT equipment, and liaising with different departments to ensure a smooth experience for everyone involved)
- Managing the ESOP program
- Provide advice, guidance and coaching to support our people throughout the different stages of the employee lifecycle
- Become a trusted advisor. People should feel comfortable seeking advice from you as they feel that you are knowledgeable and impartial
- Work closely with the VP of People and the Finance Team to ensure that we stay abreast of legal requirements changes and maintain strict compliance
- Conduct employee performance management process, including concerns, grievances & disputes, mediation, workplace investigations and terminations, with guidance from the VP of People
- Provide knowledgeable advice on compensation & benefits to ensure that we stay competitive
- Map out and streamline current HR and Talent processes, to create efficiency and better collaboration with other departments
- Collaborate on different projects and initiatives such as creating the internal newsletter and employer branding
- Be the team’s systems, data and reporting go-to person - maintaining, administering and reporting on all People related data, including Talent, Retention, Satisfaction, Promotions
- Undertake other responsibilities as needed - we are a small team and need to have an ‘all hands on deck’ type of mentality
- Participate in recruitment efforts in collaboration with hiring managers and the Talent Acquisition Team
- Why This Is A Great Opportunity?
- We offer great benefits, including generous laptop and home office allowances, plus stock options!
- We value transparency and fairness in every aspect of our business. For example, Paul (our CEO) shares monthly updates on company performance, and our pay structures are designed to pass the ‘printer test’.
- Trust and autonomy. Octonauts are treated like adults and are trusted to find the best way of working for the task at hand, without managers looking over their shoulders.
- You’ll be joining a high-growth company with numerous opportunities to learn and advance your career.
- Remote first: work from wherever you feel most productive.
- We are a supportive company where everyone’s contribution is valued.
- We respect and encourage work/life balance.
- We’ve built an inclusive workplace culture and understand the true importance of culture-add, versus culture-fit.
- From day 1, you'll have a buddy helping you get your bearings. You can book coffee chats with anyone in the company. We encourage everyone to have a voice in all aspects of the product and the business. So much so that we have an open chat policy (all channels are public by default) and everyone is welcome!
- Also when it comes to inclusivity, we mean it, check out our handbook!
- If you’d like to work at Octopus, reach out and say hello!
How To Apply
- You must have ongoing unrestricted work rights in the US to apply for this opportunity.
- Submit a CV - your LinkedIn profile is also acceptable as long as it contains enough information for us to assess your fit for the role.
- We welcome any other relevant documents or portfolios necessary to showcase your skills and why you think you’d be a great fit here at Octopus.
About the company
We make Octopus Deploy, software that enables teams to deliver working software to production. We've become the "best in class" tool in our category by focusing on doing one thing and doing it very well. Founded in 2012, we have helped 25,000 companies to automate complex deployments, and we employ 120+ wonderful people.
We're a growing, profitable business. Our goal is to build a company that will last forever while enjoying the journey and doing work that we're proud of. Our business model is all around understanding our customers, building great software, backing it up with great support and customer service, and making it incredibly easy to discover, learn and use. After bootstrapping for a decade, we quietly raised Australia's second-largest ever venture capital raise, accepting a USD $172M minority investment from Insight Partners.
Most of our team is based in Brisbane, Australia, where the company started, though we've spread to other parts of Australia, the US, NZ and the UK. Because our team is distributed, everyone works from home, so we've built a remote-first culture.
We've made our company handbook public, and it's a great guide to how we think about just about everything - including career progression and compensation, our vision and what we care about, how our company is structured, feedback loops, training, remote work and more. Please take a read of our handbook, and reach out if you think there is a good fit.
Your application has been successfully submitted.