Junior Human Resources Generalist(Urgent Need)
This job is no longer accepting applications.
About the job
For nearly three decades, many of the world’s leading firms have relied on Align as a trusted IT solution provider and center of excellence in IT advisory, infrastructure design, build, delivery and managed services. We are actively seeking innovative minds to establish and strengthen our team to deliver high-quality state-of-the-art technology solutions for our enterprise and boutique clients.
If you are seeking to own challenging projects for some of today’s most fascinating companies while leveraging an exceptional team and long track record of success, then we want to hear from you today.
Align seeks an organized and enthusiastic Junior Human Resources Generalist to join our Talent Management team. Managing our On Boarding, New Hire Orientation, HRIS Platform, and Training Programs / Learning Management System (LMS) are core responsibilities for this role. An initial project will be helping with the HRIS transition to ADP Workforce Now. The ideal candidate should have 2-5 years of relevant experience in HR with a focus on Benefits Administration, HRIS Administration, On Boarding and New Hire Orientation. Any Career Development, Learning and Development (L&D) or Learning Management Systems (LMS) administration experience would be a plus. Candidates must have experience with Human Resources Information System (HRIS) and Benefits Administration. ADP Workforce Now experience is strongly preferred. The successful candidate will possess excellent organizational and interpersonal skills, as well as the demonstrated ability to manage multiple priorities and confidential information in a professional manner. Superior communication and problem-solving skills and a commitment to quality customer service along with a high level of initiative are essential. This position will provide a flexible career path in HR. The person we hire will have the opportunity to steer their career and to develop valuable skills across the HR spectrum including Talent Management, Employee Programs, Learning and Development, Benefits, Legal and Compliance.
- This is a hybrid position based out of our New York City office
- This is a full-time position offering full benefits, a competitive salary, and paid training
- Take ownership of New Hire On Boarding and Orientation processes, including the 90 Day Introductory Period and Immersion Training Programs
- Maintain and manage ADP Workforce Now (HRIS) including maintaining system documentation, being a power user, generating reports and training others to use the systems as needed
- Perform benefits administration including enrollment, billing and reports
- Work closely with Payroll to ensure accurate set up for new hires and part time employees, including ongoing changes to payroll or benefits
- Enhance and maintain Orientation and New Hire On Boarding processes, documentation and collateral
- Work with Managers to develop career plans and manage and administer our Learning Management System (LMS) platform
- Support training initiatives and coordinate Align's learning and development programs (L&D), including scheduling training with partners and working with Align SME's to put together internal training classes
- Help on various HR initiatives and special projects as needed, such as leading the Health and Wellness Committee and planning employee engagement events and activities
- Ensure all pre-start and onboarding tasks are completed both internally and by the new hire
- Work with Marketing Department to assist with Employer Branding initiatives and Corporate Culture programs
- Foster a team oriented and inviting culture within the HR / Talent Team where Align employees will feel welcome to ask for help and guidance
- Provide operational support for our Mentor Program
- Bachelor's degree with 2 to 5 years of relevant HR experience
- Experience with HRIS and Benefits Administration is required, experience with ADP Workforce Now is preferred
- New Hire Orientation and New Hire Set Up experience is required
- Experience with Learning Management Systems (LMS), especially ADP Workforce Now is a plus
- Interest and passion for establishing a career in HR
- Ability to quickly learn and become a subject matter expert for HR Software
- Proven MS Office skills specifically including Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint required
- Must be detail oriented and possess strong organizational, communication, and follow-up skills
- Must be team oriented with the ability to develop rapport with managers
- Ability to multitask and work independently in a fast-paced, changing environment required
- Ability to work with confidential information, including sensitive legal matters is essential
- Must be self-motivated, eager, and enthusiastic to learn.
- Strong presentation and communication skills are required
- Ability to adapt to a changing environment and handle multiple priorities is a must
Align is a dynamic and flexible place to work, offering professionals unparalleled opportunities to train in the leading technologies, make an impact within the industry and control their own destinies. We have a flawless track record of delivering technical solutions and have established long-standing relationships with an impressive client list of both Global 1000 and SMB clients.
We work across a diverse list of industries including financial services, life sciences (pharmaceutical and health care), retail, technology, media and telecommunications. We give our professionals the autonomy to pursue opportunities and manage assignments in ways that maximize their creativity and talents, leading to self-fulfillment and financial rewards.
For more details, visit www.align.com.
Your application has been successfully submitted.