Volunteer: Flexible Human Resources Support for CloseKnit
This job is no longer accepting applications.
About the job
Help CloseKnit with critical HR questions over the course of 4 weeks, in areas like hiring, compensation & benefits, HR policy, performance management, and workplace culture.
We see all youth facing homelessness as already loved, especially youth from underestimated and under-resourced communities.
CloseKnit catalyzes system change, building a holistic response that overcomes racism to honor and invest in existing "chosen family" arrangements that prevent youth homelessness.
Fun Fact About Us
Our founder, Jacqueline, started CloseKnit after first hosting and later adopting a young woman facing homelessness. Amy is now married, and she and her wife are foster care parents to 5 siblings, which means Jacqueline gets to be a foster grandma!
What You'll Work On
- Ongoing HR support for 10-15 hours over the course of 4 weeks
- Support may include: hiring, compensation & benefits, HR policy & procedure, performance management, and/or workplace culture
- Note: We devised this project to connect nonprofits and volunteers for more flexible, more immediate impact. We strongly suggest you start with 4 weeks and decide from there if you'd like to continue working. For this project, we also recommend working with a volunteer who is knowledgeable about the Organization's state policies
We Are Looking To Create
- Mileage Reimbursement Policy
- Professional Development Policy
- Microaggression Training
- Human Resources
- Talent Recruitment
- Experience working in Human Resources in a professional capacity
- Works remotely from anywhere
- 10-15 hours over 4 weeks
Why You'll Love Volunteering With Us
- Enhance your skills while supporting a cause you care about
- Gain samples of work & references to add to your portfolio
- Directly impact a community organization on the ground
- Work remotely & create your own schedule
Catchafire is committed to helping nonprofits affected by COVID-19 who need virtual volunteers now more than ever. Take a look at the projects we have available to see how you can help.
This volunteer opportunity was originally posted on Catchafire, an online tool that connects nonprofits & social enterprises with passionate professionals who want to donate their skills, pro bono. All Catchafire volunteer opportunities are well scoped, flexible, and include access to support from Catchafire's team of Nonprofit Advisors.
LinkedIn for Good Volunteering
Your application has been successfully submitted.