Diversity Equity & Inclusion Manager (Remote)
This job is no longer accepting applications.
About the job
Why you’ll love Softchoice:
We are a technology company that equips organizations to be agile and innovative, and for their people to be productive, creative and happier at work. That means moving them to the cloud, helping them build the workplace of tomorrow, and enabling them to make smarter decisions about their technology portfolio. By doing these things, we create success faster and in circumstances otherwise not possible.
We stand proudly for our people and support their success through career development and advancement. We are recognized and respected for our culture of inclusion and belonging, continuously striving to do what’s good for our people and communities.
The impact you will have:
Come and join our Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DE&I) team as a DE&I Manager and help us reach our goal of building the most vibrant and high-performing organization in our sector by embedding diversity, equity and inclusion into everything we do. As a member of Softchoice’s Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DE&I) team, you will support the development and implementation of our DE&I strategy for Softchoice.
This role is 100% remote and can be based in any location in North America.
Who you will be working with:
Pete Morra , Sr. Manager of DE&I. Here’s what Pete wanted to share – “I am an inclusion, equity and diversity leader with a passion for creating positive social change. I am driven by family, inclusive collaboration and developing partnerships with people who find purpose in equity and empathy.
Softchoice should be the kind of place where every person – regardless of circumstance – can find belonging and success, and I am privileged to spend every day working with a vibrant community of colleagues to make this reality.”
Additional team members; Sara Lockhart , Sr. Director, Learning & Development, Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
What you will do:
- Develop, plan and implement projects related to the delivery of our inclusion strategy, including events, communications, trainings, external brand activation & new employee programs.
- Partner & support shaping our internal and external DE&I presence through communication platforms (Softchoice.com and our social channels) and benchmarking reports (including the Human Rights Campaign’s Corporate Equality Index).
- Provide consultation to our employee resource groups as their single point of contact and act as a key advisor for our employee resource groups and social impact committees.
- Responsible for regular data gathering and analysis with the ability to turn numbers into comprehensive messages and actions.
- Help build a culture where everyone feels like they belong, and where every person feels valued for the qualities and experiences that make them unique.
What you will bring to the table:
- You have a passion for diversity, equity and inclusion and an understanding of social issues resonating across North America,
- You are a learner and a quick study, always interested in building a deeper understanding of core DE&I principles.
- You have an entrepreneurial spirit who can perform responsibilities with minimal direction.
- You make people feel heard and important regardless of their rank through your inclusive communication skills, whether written or verbal.
- You have a knack for guiding people to the right solution while making them feel it was their decision all along, with expertise in building collaborative, cross-functional relationships.
- You have an ability to drive influence, engagement and behavior change through coaching leaders, people managers and/or peers.
- 3-5 years of work experience in a DE&I, Social Impact, HR, culture, change management role focused role(s), or any other related experience. There are may paths to the field of DE&I!
- Proficiency in Excel and PowerPoint required.
Why people love working here:
- Softchoice has been recognized as a Best Workplace in Canada by the Great Place to Work Institute for 16 consecutive years.
- Softchoice has been certified as a Great Place to Work in the United States for several years.
- We offer meaningful work and opportunities for career growth.
- Our team members have 2 paid volunteer days per year to give back to a cause of their choice.
- We offer an opportunity to build a career in the technology industry.
- We have raised over $3 million through Softchoice Cares, our grassroots fundraising organization.
Inclusion & Equal opportunity employment:
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity, inclusion & belonging. People seeking employment at Softchoice are considered without regard to any protected category including but not limited to, race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation.
Require an accommodation? We are ready to help:
We are proud to provide interview & employment accommodation during the recruitment and hiring process. If you require any accommodation to apply or interview for a position, please reach out directly to firstname.lastname@example.org . We are committed to work with you to best meet your needs.
Our commitment to your experience:
We are committed to the safety of all candidates and team members. With that in mind, we have implemented virtual interviewing for everyone. We understand that you may need to interview with distractions around you (such as children or furry friends) and we will most likely be doing the same.
Before you start with us, we will conduct a criminal record check, verify your education and check your references.
When you join Softchoice, we will onboard you remotely. Don't worry. It's quick, simple and you'll be connected with your new team in no time.
Job Requisition ID: 3862
Your application has been successfully submitted.