Sr. Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Business Partner, Amazon Health & Brand
This job is no longer accepting applications.
About the job
Do you want to play an instrumental role in bringing leading diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI) strategies to Amazon’s high growth environment? The Diversity, Equity and Inclusion team supporting Amazon's Health & Brand organization is seeking an experienced Sr DEI Business Partner to create and execute against our strategic DEI plans.
You’ll use your skills to work both across the business as well as with specific teams to help them develop and rollout innovative and impactful DEI plans. You’ll partner with the business leadership team to design, coordinate, roll out, and measure our DEI initiatives. You will also partner with the Amazon Global Diversity, Equity, & Inclusion (GDEI) to drive adoption of corporate-wide programs into our organization. You will measure and communicate results against committed DEI actions, so that we can ensure meaningful and measurable progress towards DEI and business goals.
You will plan, execute, and deliver work product in multiple formats including mechanisms and frameworks, self-service tools, in-person development activities, training facilitation, presentations and specific consultation based on leader need. Just as importantly, at times, you will help track and communicate results at the senior leadership level. Ability to access and analyze quantitative and qualitative data, assess risks, anticipate bottlenecks, address partner concerns, make tradeoffs, and balance the business needs as they implement centralized guidance around DEI program execution is critical. We are looking for a DEI subject matter expert who can roll up their sleeves and implement at the same time. This role requires a high aptitude in strategic thinking, and the ability to customize solutions for Amazon's Health & Brand organization. This person will be responsible for educating and influencing Sr. leaders to take action on strategic and programmatic initiatives, in service of optimizing DEI across the Health & Brand team.
Key job responsibilities
- Regularly measure, analyze, and highlight areas of strength and opportunity, providing consultative support, as well as data driven recommendations for interventions, and initiatives for improvement
- Acts as a DEI subject matter expert by contributing perspective, insights, and knowledge, and taking a balanced, consultative, and systemic approach to enable the organization to increase representation of under-represented demographics, drive retention parity, and optimize the experience of inclusion and equity
- Build strong relationships with senior business leaders to develop a deep understanding of the business and increase awareness and understanding of DEI as a critical business imperative, and drive key initiatives
- Provide leadership and coaching, when appropriate, to managers, directors, and VPs via one-to-one and group interactions
- Identify DEI Best practices across industries, and facilitate adoption for Amazon Health & Brand teams when applicable
- Accomplish program objectives through program management and defined project plans; manage implementation activities, and develop processes, documentation, and communications for program/process rollout and ongoing support
- Scale services and tools by designing processes and procedures that scale with the business’ growth in volume, complexity, and global geographic dispersion
- Define key performance indicators by developing metrics for core programs and processes, and track delivery against program objectives
- Communicate new/updated programs, policies, and processes to leaders, employees, and cross functional organizations
- Manage strategic, significantly complex and important initiatives that resolve critical and/or endemic challenges. Identify risks/opportunities in strategies and/or org structure(s).
- Advanced analytical skills and ability to translate metrics, research, and trends into action items that address identified opportunities
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field such as human resources, psychology, sociology, education, or organizational development
- 5+ years of progressive prior work and experience, with leadership roles in Diversity, Equity, & Inclusion
- Deep understanding of societal systems of bias, and experience applying this knowledge to invent, evolve, improve, and simplify business and HR processes
- Experience with DEI analytics, including how to drive impact in recruitment, talent management, and inclusion metrics
- Advanced degree
- Experience building a DEI strategy from the ground up, including design of roadmaps to drive incremental progress towards long-term vision and goals
- Global program management experience preferred
- Global Program Management/Human Resources generalist/professional experience, and understanding of front line work environments
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Company - Amazon.com Services LLC
Job ID: A1991484
Your application has been successfully submitted.