Senior HR Specialist
This job is no longer accepting applications.
About the job
The Mom Project is excited to partner with our client, for this Senior HR Specialist role.
- This is a hybrid role, and you will be required to come into the office 2 days a week.
What Position Will Entail
Oversees and administers the day-to-day functions of Human Resources including managing the HRIS, benefits administration, employee relations and ensuring compliance with company policies and employment laws and regulations.
- Oversees and administers the administration of HR programs including, but not limited to, new hire offers and negotiations, compensation, benefits, leave, disciplinary matters, terminations, grievances and investigations.
- Coordinates daily HR tasks related to new hire paperwork, background checks, I-9's, terminations, changes, benefits, COBRA.
- Monitors and ensures the organization is in compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations including EEO, VETS, ADA, FLSA, AAP. Works with the HR Consultant to ensure annual reporting is prepared and submitted.
- Leads the development and analysis of HR data insights to provide guidance to leadership, management and employees on policy matters, employee relations programs and issues related to performance, leave and absences, employee discipline, grievance and other related areas.
- Supports the management, implementation and monitoring of employee benefits programs; manage vendor relations, assist with benefits administration and annual open enrollment.
- Assists with 401k administration to include semi-monthly transmittal, annual census and other compliance reporting, and audit.
- Supports HR Consultant in conducting market salary analysis compensation benchmarking including job matching, data analytics, and job pricing for aligning jobs to pay grade structure.
- Supports the administration of policies and procedures to complement existing practices and create consistency across the organization. Reviews and modifies policies and procedures to maintain compliance
- Partners with the People team on performance and talent management, and policies and procedures to drive the achievement of business goals and objectives.
- Liaise closely with Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Council, ensuring change is implemented across human resources programs.
- Maintains the Human Capital Management System (HCMS) or other systems for all required processes and transactions that provide data and reporting metrics on HR activity.
- Acts as primary focal point for liaison with the HCMS vendor (Paylocity)
- Oversees HR related records and assumes primary responsibility for setup, maintenance and compliance of employment files based on local laws.
- Provides support responding to employee questions and HR inquiries.
- Resolving conflicts through positive and professional mediation.
- Maintains up-to-date HR processes and contact lists.
- Reconciliation and submission of HR-related invoices.
Required Skills And Traits
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field (i.e., management, human resources, business administration).
- Minimum of 7 years’ experience in a human resources role (or additional years of experience, in lieu of degree).
- SPHR/SHRM-SCP certification or equivalent preferred.
- Maintain high level of professionalism, quality, and competence in the human resources field.
- Strong understanding and practical knowledge of HR compliance areas, including staying current on any changes to federal, state and local employment laws.
- The ability (and attitude) to perform the day-to-day execution of HR activities and initiatives.
- HCMS experience; Paylocity desired.
- Demonstrate critical thinking, self-starter attitude, self-awareness and integrity.
- Understand personal accountability and authenticity in approaching interactions with colleagues and senior leaders.
- Ability to manage conflict resolution, disciplinary processes and workplace investigations.
- Experience in following and maintaining confidentiality, workplace privacy and managing sensitive data.
- Skilled at active listening, creative problem solving, and managing ambiguity.
- Excellent oral, written communication skills and comprehension.
- Attention to detail with strong organizational skills.
- Proficiency in software and tools specific to the employee’s level and area of expertise.
Work Environment and Physical Demands
- This position operates in a professional office environment at the corporate office in Falls Church, VA. Flexibility exists to work some days from home
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Reasonable accommodations provided in accordance with ADA.
This job description indicates in general the nature and level of work, knowledge, skills, and abilities expected of an employee. An employee may be asked to perform other duties as required.
Diversity & Inclusion
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, childbirth, medical conditions, genetic factors, military/veteran status, or other characteristics protected by law.
Your application has been successfully submitted.