This job is no longer accepting applications.
About the job
Groupon is an experiences marketplace that brings people more ways to get the most out of their city or wherever they may be. By enabling real-time mobile commerce across local businesses, live events and travel destinations, Groupon helps people find and discover experiences––big and small, new and familiar––that make for a full, fun and rewarding life. Groupon helps local businesses grow and strengthen customer relationships––resulting in strong, vibrant communities. Even with thousands of employees spread across multiple continents, we still maintain a culture that inspires innovation, rewards risk-taking and celebrates success.
As a member of our Talent Acquisition team, you understand the true meaning of inclusion, equity, and diversity and its importance in hiring diverse teams. You are a champion of the people and an ambassador of Groupon. You will play a deeply consultative and influential role with recruiters and business leaders to ensure that your pipeline is matched to roles and teams which allow them to thrive. We love curious and creative people who discover new approaches to finding, engaging and hiring talent.
Our mission is to attract and retain talent that reflects our diverse communities, strengthening our culture and value of respect, integrity, and inclusion, resulting in innovation and business success.
We are looking for a Diversity Recruiter to assist in putting our mission into action, by building and executing sourcing strategies to identify and attract diverse candidates for business units across Groupon, on a global scale. This role will be responsible for supporting, planning, developing, coordinating, and executing on recruiting strategies related to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion, including top-of-funnel sourcing, sharing knowledge and best practices with the wider team, and working alongside our Diversity, Equity and Inclusion team to set longer-term inclusive recruiting strategies through measurement, reporting and analysis. Partnering with recruiters and hiring teams locally and beyond, our recruiting function builds teams which sit at the intersection of your local community and mobile, fueling a commerce platform that continues to evolve.
We're a "best of both worlds" kind of company. We're big enough to have resources and scale, but small enough that a single person has a surprising amount of autonomy and can make a meaningful impact. We're curious, fun, a little intense, and kind of obsessed with helping local businesses thrive. Does that sound like a compelling place to work?
You’ll Spend Time On The Following
- Serve as a subject matter expert to the Recruiting team, hiring managers, and org leaders on integrating inclusive hiring practices into our recruiting operations
- You will own and continue to build a diverse sourcing pipeline for candidate pools
- Lead sourcing sessions to educate peer recruiters on the best practices for attracting diverse talent.
- Partner with recruiters on requisitions by assisting in building diverse talent pipelines
- Continue to partner and grow relationships with third party diverse organizations
- You will work closely with your internal clients to develop and execute tactical sourcing strategies and branding efforts aimed at generating candidate flow to meet overall recruiting goals
- Partner with our Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion team, our employee diversity groups and external partners to create, measure and report on data-driven, top-of-funnel strategies
- Identify and utilize appropriate targeted sourcing and research tools; including online searches, social media, targeted branding campaigns
- Partner with Employee Resource Groups to share strategies for attracting diverse talent
- Utilize knowledge of multiple recruiting sources outside of LinkedIn Recruiter and advanced sourcing techniques to identify top talent
- Source and recruit passive candidates through networking, professional networking events, complex internet searches, social media, research, etc.
- Maintain accurate and thorough documentation within the company's candidate database
- Review data and recognize where there are needs for additional education and training
We’re Excited About You If You Have
- 1-3 years of recruiting experience, diversity recruiting experience highly preferred
- You have an eye for detail and strong intuition for culture add while screening candidates
- You are curious, taking a creative and strategic approach to sourcing
- You understand the Tech/Engineering space, and have an ability to read and understand technical requirements or a willingness to learn
- Not only do you love to get things done, you have a track record of success in past sourcing roles
- You are metrics driven, have advanced Excel skills with the ability to compile and analyze data to continuously improve our sourcing strategy.
- You take an entrepreneurial approach to task management and can take control and manage tasks independently
- You thrive in a fast paced, ever changing environment where navigating ambiguity is second nature
- You have a passion for local businesses and love to see your community thrive
Groupon’s purpose is to build strong communities through thriving small businesses. To learn more about the world’s largest local ecommerce marketplace, click here for the latest Groupon news . Plus, be sure to check out the values that shape our culture, guide our strategy and make our company a great place to work. And just don’t take our word for it. Hear from real Groupon team members and learn more about our inclusive employee groups . If all of this sounds like something that’s a great fit for you, then click apply and let’s see where this takes us.
Groupon is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Qualifications for employment, promotion, and other terms and conditions of employment are based upon the ability to perform the job. Equal-employment opportunities are provided to all applicants and employees without regard to race, creed, religion, color, age, national origin, sex, disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, ancestry, marital status, military discharge status (excluding dishonorable discharge), veteran status, citizenship status, or other legally protected status. We are all responsible for maintaining this policy. Groupon is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may email us at hraccommodations at groupon.com. If you have concerns related to Groupon’s equal employment opportunities, you may contact Groupon’s Ethics Reporting Service Ethicspoint .
Your application has been successfully submitted.