Director, Engagement & Inclusion
This job is no longer accepting applications.
About the job
Meta is looking to hire a Director of Engagement & Inclusion to join the Diversity Equity and Inclusion (DEI) team. Reporting directly to the VP, Diversity, Equity & inclusion, this position is responsible for leading a global team in driving strategy and execution of work to build and scale an environment of inclusion. This person will lead the team that serves as a resource to Meta’s nine employee business groups (MRGs) concerning matters of inclusion and diversity, and as a partner to HR colleagues and other cross functional team members. This person will be responsible with partners and team to drive impact in the D&I arena - working to ensure the MRG communities at Meta feel respected and are heard. This role requires someone who can help embed principles of inclusion, diversity, and equity into general decision making and influencing, people management practices, and everyday thinking and interactions.
Director, Engagement & Inclusion Responsibilities:
- Manage the day-to-day operations of the team focused on engagement and inclusion work at the company level both through MRGs (Meta resource groups) and community efforts
- Provide guidance, direction, advocacy and support for resource groups to help stabilize self-sufficiency
- Track performance metrics on the progress of Meta Resource Groups (MRGs)
- Provides global view to team and communities strategies
- Budget management for these programs and develop measures to ensure impact
- Develop and refine roles and responsibilities of Engagement Team as Meta continues to grow
- Routinely highlight the inclusion efforts in process via key communication channels
- Support and manage respectful workplace activities and efforts that reflect and nurture an inclusive workplace environment
- Partner closely with DEI and L&D teams to help develop and manage implementation of MRG-sponsored career programs
- Enhance existing and new program implementation targeting early career and diverse populations and incorporating measures for success and impact of programs and team
- Partner closely with the People Growth team, People Analytics team and HR Business Partners to integrate inclusion, diversity and bias mitigation concepts into learning and employee development programs
- Ensure development and people processes reinforce same practices by partnering with learning and development center of excellence and HR business partners
- Co-sponsor and/or facilitate DEI-related workshops
- 12+ years of experience in either HR, or Talent Management or Diversity and Inclusion or related disciplines
- 8+ years people management experience providing ongoing, feedback, coaching and development
- Experience building rigor in day-to-day operations processes to drive more efficiency and impact
- Experience working with Employee Resource Groups
- Familiarity with implicit bias/bias mitigation concepts, change management frameworks, and/or behavioral competencies
- Proven experience in leading, influence, develop and empower employees across multiple locations and countries to achieve success
- Experience developing and identifying metrics for impact in helping build communities and retention of those communities
- Experience in building relationships with global partners and proven track record of facilitating company-level initiatives with multiple stakeholders
- Experience in translating external and internal trends into innovative practices
- Communication experience exhibited at all levels within an organization
- Experience translating data and analytics to develop insights, telling stories, driving decisions and measuring impact
- Experience developing relationships with peers and leaders across an organization
Facebook is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at email@example.com.
Your application has been successfully submitted.