Human Resources Business Partner
This job is no longer accepting applications.
About the job
My client is looking for a dedicated and ambitious HR professional who wants to make an impact and leave a mark. The idea candidate will possess strong judgment, prioritization, and organizational skills and can drive tasks/projects to completion efficiently and effectively as part of a team.
This is a fast-paced role with many moving parts and requires someone with excellent communication, organizational, and technical skills. The HR Business Partner will provide overall support across all functional areas within Human Resources, assist staff with understanding policies and procedures, and be a key member of HR improvement projects. This position is expected to understand and provide technical information as well as troubleshoot/resolve errors.
This role requires someone who can remain calm under pressure, meet deadlines, and be courteous and prompt. The ability to communicate with diplomacy with diverse individuals across the organization is a must.
- The HR Business Partner is expected to exercise critical thinking skills and draw on existing HR knowledge and best practices when making key decisions related to HR administration.
- Research and recommend HR initiatives and process improvements, promoting consistency in application across the organization.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of trends, best practices, and technologies supporting HR functions. The HR Business Partner is expected to interpret policies and procedures and apply them to any given situation.
- Maintain HR service delivery by assisting employees with requests and questions along with resolution of employee-relations issues and work-related problems as needed, balancing employee needs and organizational goals.
- Provide guidance and facilitation to leadership and employees in the appropriate resolution of employee-relations issues and work-related problems as needed, balancing employee needs and organizational goals
- Maintain working knowledge of State and Federal HR laws including disability, FMLA, DOL, ADA, EEO, etc.
- Work with the HR team to track and adhere to legal compliance requirements.
Bachelor’s degree with a minimum 4 years of hands-on HR experience required in one or more human resource disciplines including, but not limited to Operations, HRIS, employee development, and compliance.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain complete confidentiality for sensitive issues and information.
- Knowledge of HR Information Systems required, preferably Paylocity.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office 365 applications.
- Proficient with virtual meeting tools including MS Teams, Zoom, etc.
- Knowledge of MS SharePoint
- Knowledge of employment laws.
- HR certification is highly desired.
All interested candidates in this HR Business Partner role and other full-time opportunities across the D.C. area please contact Pierre Tepie via LinkedIn.
Your application has been successfully submitted.