Human Resources Business Partner
This job is no longer accepting applications.
About the job
***You must be authorized to work in the United States to be considered for this role.
BBC Studios Americas is seeking a Human Resources Business Partner. This role is located in our Los Angeles office. The HRBP will be dedicated to both talent acquisition and the generalist HR function for BBC Studios LA. They will work in partnership with the Americas and wider international teams. This role will support the business to mange recruitment, allocation and development of staff for the Production team. The HRBP position is also responsible for aligning HR objectives to the overall Business strategy and ensuring seamless HR delivery. This position formulates partnerships across the HR function and BBC Studios Americas to deliver value-added service to our leaders. The HRBP will seek to identify current and future HR needs of the business, offering a fresh perspective and approach to problem solving, and coming up with pragmatic solutions to HR business/talent needs.
Reporting to the UK based HR lead for Studios Productions, this role will also have a reporting line to the Americas HR team and will need to be comfortable working in a matrix organization.
- Collaborate with Senior Leaders to develop and execute Talent strategy for various productions
- Conduct full-cycle recruitment inclusive of developing job descriptions, job posting, sourcing, interviewing, reference checks and offer negotiations
- Partner with outside organizations to “crew up” for production
- Assess staff/crew needs and develop creative and effective recruiting strategies and solutions
HR Business Partner
- Responsible for leading organization-wide HR initiatives and executing HR best practices
- Support organization effectiveness by developing and implementing HR solutions aligned to the needs of the business
- Effectively build relationships with key stakeholders and conduct regular meetings with respective business leads. Consult with line management, providing HR guidance when appropriate
- Analyze trends and metrics in partnership with the HR team to develop solutions, programs and policies
- Manage and resolves complex employee relations issues. Conduct effective, thorough and objective investigations.
- Maintain in-depth knowledge of legal requirements related to day-to-day management of employees, reducing legal risks and ensuring regulatory compliance. Partner with the legal department as needed/required
- Provides day-to-day performance management guidance to line management (e.g., coaching, counseling, career development, disciplinary actions)
- Work closely with management and employees to improve work relationships, build morale, and increase productivity and retention
- Provide HR policy guidance and interpretation
- Identify training needs and individual executive coaching needs
- Lead various organization-wide training programs to ensure success and follow up to ensure training objectives are met
Are you the right candidate?
The successful applicant will have the experience, ability/vision to source, attract, negotiate and engage staff. The ideal candidate will also have experience collaborating with senior management on a myriad of HR related initiatives and issues. The HR BP will have an excellent track record for building strong professional relationships and credibility across all levels of the organization.
Qualifications & Required Skills:
- Minimum of 5-7 years of HR or related experience, bachelor's degree preferred
- Prior experience in the recruitment & contracting of staff for TV Production is essential
- Working knowledge of multiple human resource disciplines, including compensation practices, organizational diagnosis, employee and union relations, diversity, performance management, and federal and state respective employment laws
- Ability to comprehend, interpret, and apply the appropriate sections of applicable laws, guidelines, regulations, ordinances, and policies
- Ability to acquire a thorough understanding of the organization's hierarchy, jobs, qualifications, compensation practices, and the administrative practices related to those factors
- Experience resolving complex employee relations issues
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines
- Strong recruitment skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software
- 100% Employer-Paid Medical and Dental Insurance (PPO plans)
- Generous Paid Time Off
- Flexible Working Arrangements / Work-Life Balance
- Free Retirement Consulting to All Employees
- Pet Insurance
- Commuter Benefits
- Free Peloton App Membership
- Gym Reimbursement
Your application has been successfully submitted.